Sign in to follow this  
environmental_ice

Virtualcol stop A220 developemt for MSFS

Just now, Ridvan Celik said:

Well it is the MSFS forums

I'm aware.  I have MSFS, so I feel justified in being here.

1 minute ago, Ridvan Celik said:

poke the hive you get the bees. 

Not sure what you mean by that one.  I was sent a link to here by someone in our discord.  They told me we were being discussed in the MSFS forums, so I decided to see what was being said.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Watch out guys. They are coming out from under the bridge again with pointless posts about XP12 in the MSFS forum. 

Just to be clear. I won't be buying XP12 to fly an A220 that isn't built yet.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

16 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I'm aware.  I have MSFS, so I feel justified in being here.

Not sure what you mean by that one.  I was sent a link to here by someone in our discord.  They told me we were being discussed in the MSFS forums, so I decided to see what was being said.

Why not developing for MSFS? The A220 does not have to have all the extra goodies (FBO, system monitor etc.) the CL650 has, so it's realistic and possible within the environment of MSFS (see Fenix or PMDG). With your fame and quality you'd be selling more in a month on MSFS than you've sold in the entire history of XPL. Also XPL might be as dead as P3D by the time you release for XPL, so it's also not a very future-proof platform (no judging, just looking at the exponentially dropping user numbers for XPL12)

• Like 2

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

Why not developing for MSFS? The A220 does not have to have all the extra goodies (FBO, system monitor etc.) the CL650 has, so it's realistic and possible within the environment of MSFS (see Fenix or PMDG). With your fame and quality you'd be selling more in a month on MSFS than you've sold in the entire history of XPL. Also XPL might be as dead as P3D by the time you release for XPL, so it's also not a very future-proof platform (no judging, just looking at the exponentially dropping user numbers for XPL12)

It's impossible for me to give you a legitimate, objective response in this forum, without provoking a reaction from the obvious few in here, who love to hate on anything and everything not MSFS.  I mean, just look at the post directly above yours.  🤷‍♂️

I prefer to answer those kinds of questions in private.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Why not developing for MSFS?

Because this is the XP forum. If you wish to ask that question do it in a private message.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 minutes ago, GoranM said:

It's impossible for me to give you a legitimate, objective response in this forum, without provoking a reaction from the obvious few in here, who love to hate on anything and everything not MSFS.  I mean, just look at the post directly above yours.  🤷‍♂️

I prefer to answer those kinds of questions in private.  

Honestly, from a business perspective, I don't know what you could say that will convince anyone that xp12 is a better platform to develop for in the current market. Especially an airplane that is missing from the current selection across platforms. But each to their own... you know what's best for you and your business. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Because this is the XP forum. If you wish to ask that question do it in a private message.

Other way around. This is the MSFS forum.

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Because this is the XP forum.

No it's not.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

9 minutes ago, Sethos said:

No it's not.

Thought I was lost now, had to confirm I was on the MSFS forum, lol.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I don't know what you could say that will convince anyone that xp12 is a better platform to develop for in the current market. 

No offense, but this is why I like to address such things in private. Some people are not open to my response.  And that's fine.  To those who are interested, I'm happy to let them know.  There's already a few in here who have asked me in private.  1 of them as recently as about a month ago.  

1 hour ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Other way around. This is the MSFS forum.

Yep, my mistake. I hadn't had my breakfast! 🤣

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Yes just to fly it in a subpar cartoon environment 😱

How to say you don't use XP without saying you don't use XP 😉

26 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

How to say you don't use XP without saying you don't use XP 😉

Or how to say I used xp, fs98 through to p3d all the way up to v5 and then msfs came along and now I use that. Let’s not start the xp vs msfs argument and let our eye sight do the judging on visuals. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Yep, my mistake. I hadn't had my breakfast! 🤣

I was about to say you’re starting the wine early on in the week 😎 (was dinner time here in Sydney) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GoranM said:

No offense, but this is why I like to address such things in private. Some people are not open to my response.  And that's fine.  To those who are interested, I'm happy to let them know.  There's already a few in here who have asked me in private.  1 of them as recently as about a month ago.  

I'd be happy to hear your points. Feel free to DM me.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.