Sign in to follow this  
environmental_ice

Virtualcol stop A220 developemt for MSFS

1 hour ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Or how to say I used xp, fs98 through to p3d all the way up to v5 and then msfs came along and now I use that. Let’s not start the xp vs msfs argument and let our eye sight do the judging on visuals. 

So you think everyone only cares about visuals.

That would explain it then.

As for not starting the argument, you'll be going back to remove your comment then ?

Edited by Matchstick
  • Upvote 1

So if their A220 would be up to the same standard as their E-175, I'm glad they just stopped the development.  I have their 175 and it's been removed due to it basically being unflyable (gave it multiple tries after patches).  

• Like 1

XP is a good sim. No hate on XP from this end. However, anecdotal data would seem to indicate that the far larger market lies with MSFS, so that does make the "why don't you develop for MSFS" question more than just "XP sucks." 

Kinda like, Michelin is a great tire, and there's a reason you can get Michelins for a Lexus ES as well as for the Bugatti Chiron. Far fewer people using the Bugatti, so it makes good business sense to sell to the more mass-market cars as well.

All that is to say that I really wish some of the better XP developers (not just HS -Aerobask too) would consider developing for MSFS as well. I'd buy!

Edited by eslader
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, eslader said:

XP is a good sim. No hate on XP from this end. However, anecdotal data would seem to indicate that the far larger market lies with MSFS, so that does make the "why don't you develop for MSFS" question more than just "XP sucks." 

Kinda like, Michelin is a great tire, and there's a reason you can get Michelins for a Lexus ES as well as for the Bugatti Chiron. Far fewer people using the Bugatti, so it makes good business sense to sell to the more mass-market cars as well.

All that is to say that I really wish some of the better XP developers (not just HS -Aerobask too) would consider developing for MSFS as well. I'd buy!

Interesting analogy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaptainNick said:

Oh….no….whatever will we do….#sarcasm

anyone with this attitude has clearly never been on an A220 #1  and #2 doesnt care if the freeware one ever comes out at all. The latest development while exciting is clearly over a year away which is disappointing. According to Synaptic alot of work is still left to be done with texturing. Look at what is being done with the A21N in Horizon Simulations. Look at what is being done with FBW. The old jokes about Virtualcol are tired. At the end of the day just getting a decent looking model out for MSFS opens up the doors for talent to come in and take it to the next level. Even in 2023 with plenty of mods to improve aircraft we still have comments like this who dont see the entire picture. What a shame

40 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

anyone with this attitude has clearly never been on an A220 #1  and #2 doesnt care if the freeware one ever comes out at all. The latest development while exciting is clearly over a year away which is disappointing. According to Synaptic alot of work is still left to be done with texturing. Look at what is being done with the A21N in Horizon Simulations. Look at what is being done with FBW. The old jokes about Virtualcol are tired. At the end of the day just getting a decent looking model out for MSFS opens up the doors for talent to come in and take it to the next level. Even in 2023 with plenty of mods to improve aircraft we still have comments like this who dont see the entire picture. What a shame

I’m confused here, everyone here knows what to expect from virtualcol and based on what synaptic simulations has shown us we know that we’ll be getting something way beyond what virtualcol produces. If it takes 2-3 years so be it, that’s literally how high fidelity development works, it takes time. Quite frankly I’m sure most simmers aren’t bothered by this.

Also if I’m quite Frank, the idea the freeware devs are somehow lesser than needs to seriously reconsidered based on the free developments we’ve seen in MSFS and XP. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

They released an Embraer series. Look at what freeware development is being done to their Embraer? None.

VCol would have put out a quarter-baked A220 with default A320 systems (not even FBW), performance based on "vibes," and an ugly model to boot.

I have the absolute opposite view of you - I hate developers that squat on types, VCol and CaptainSim chief among them. If you're up against the CaptainSim 767 that gets served up in Marketplace scrolling to the average XBox user once a day, you're going to have a harder time selling your product.

I, for one, have had more than enough of the shovelware.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

I’m confused here, everyone here knows what to expect from virtualcol and based on what synaptic simulations has shown us we know that we’ll be getting something way beyond what virtualcol produces. If it takes 2-3 years so be it, that’s literally how high fidelity development works, it takes time. Quite frankly I’m sure most simmers aren’t bothered by this.

Also if I’m quite Frank, the idea the freeware devs are somehow lesser than needs to seriously reconsidered based on the free developments we’ve seen in MSFS and XP. 

What is this strawman argument? nobody said anything bad about freeware developers, lack of quality of freeware devs or Synaptic's development time 

Edited by environmental_ice

4 hours ago, mspencer said:

They released an Embraer series. Look at what freeware development is being done to their Embraer? None.

VCol would have put out a quarter-baked A220 with default A320 systems (not even FBW), performance based on "vibes," and an ugly model to boot.

I have the absolute opposite view of you - I hate developers that squat on types, VCol and CaptainSim chief among them. If you're up against the CaptainSim 767 that gets served up in Marketplace scrolling to the average XBox user once a day, you're going to have a harder time selling your product.

I, for one, have had more than enough of the shovelware.

With the FlightSim Studio E175 out and with a roadmap for future development why would any freeware work be done to the Virtuacol Ejet? 

5 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

What is this strawman argument? nobody said anything bad about freeware developers, lack of quality of freeware devs or Synaptic's development time 

What part of what I said was a strawman?

We are really putting all our eggs into a freeware group that has never released anything?

#2 doesnt care if the freeware one ever comes out at all

How is this not a slight at the ability's of a freeware group?

The latest development while exciting is clearly over a year away which is disappointing

Is this not a complaint about development time?

These are comment you made, however feel free to tell me how I should interpret them. The consensus is that this cancellation doesn't really bother a lot of people. The idea that if virtualcol were to release their A220 and somone would mod it would suggest that that time could be better spent contributing to synaptic. So my conclusion here is that you just want an A220 now regardless of it's level of fidelity rather than waiting later. However, incase you call this a strawman again, I'd love to know which part of it is.

• Like 2

Whether or not Virtualcol are developing  an A220 is of no concern to me because there's no way on earth I would buy it anyway. Having been foolish enough to buy their EJet, which is without doubt the worst pile of junk ever offered for sale for this sim, I wouldn't want it on my PC even if it was free. (I seem to remember that his son did the Bandierante, which is passable,  so unless he's offering his old man a helping hand, I'm out.)

14 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

You didn't even provide a source for this whole thread topic, that Virualcol have stopped developing the A220 for MSFS. I can't even find an article or source that says Virtualcol even started development of the A220 for MSFS. When I Google "Virtualcol a220 msfs" in Google, I also get no results: https://www.google.com/search?q=Virtualcol+A220+msfs

Where is your source for this? How come you can't post your source?

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 5/31/2023 at 2:53 AM, Alvega said:

Thought I was lost now, had to confirm I was on the MSFS forum, lol.

Switch to LNAV and get back on course 😂

• Like 2

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

7 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

What part of what I said was a strawman?

How is this not a slight at the ability's of a freeware group?

Is this not a complaint about development time?

These are comment you made, however feel free to tell me how I should interpret them. The consensus is that this cancellation doesn't really bother a lot of people. The idea that if virtualcol were to release their A220 and somone would mod it would suggest that that time could be better spent contributing to synaptic. So my conclusion here is that you just want an A220 now regardless of it's level of fidelity rather than waiting later. However, incase you call this a strawman again, I'd love to know which part of it is.

No sorry thats just how YOU decided to interpret what I said and try to spin it into something it wasnt. I never said anything negative about the abilities of Synaptic and with context in my original post I was simply saying it was disappointing how Vcol stopped development meanwhile the only alternative is possibly a year away. That is no way a slight at Synaptics development time or the ability of their work. Nor does it say I don't understand how long a high fidelity aircraft takes to build. Complete strawman as you are defending something I am not attacking in the first place. My point was I like having choices.... for example with Project Airbus and Wilco back with FSX. 

The announcement of the Vcol A220 being canceled was very conveniently around the last update we got from Synaptic so that possibly might be why but when you are a developer who acknowledges you are not releasing study level aircraft then to me it doesnt make sense to cancel it solely off a preview from a group that has never released anything. Is that really hard to understand? Synaptic has never released anything. That is a fact not a insult. Also You misread my response to someone else about them not caring if the freeware A220 ever releases. If you read it again I was not saying "I do not care if it ever releases" because I clearly do. I want everything released. Choices are good for us all

Edited by environmental_ice