Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Fs9 Traffic in FSX?

Guest Sinnerman49

If I have a great freeware unnamed traffic package that I use in FS9 - is it directly compatible with FSX (Coughskaicough)Thanks!!`Luke

Luke,If your traffic was designed for FS9 is "should" work ok in FSX.Like many others, I probably don't have a system like yours or the same 'unnamed' traffic package but all I run in FSX is my FS9 Ultimate Traffic, Dan Bourque military packages, PAI military traffic, FedEx, custom coded local GA, Several UGA packages and I have 98 parked AC at KPHX at 6am local on a Friday morning. Commercial at 100% and GA at 50%. You may be able to identify the C130 and KC135 at the ANG ramp in the upper right hand corner of the screenie (much reduced). The AFX airport is modified and has some more to go to get the commercials off the ANG ramp but we're getting there.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178522.jpgYou need to try out your stuff and tell US if it works or not. I would recommend that you put your AI aircraft in a fresh new folder and reference it in the FSX.cfg to keep it completely controlled. I keep default and add-on traffic in separate folders that can be turned on/off at will. Takes about 3 minutes to completely switch from FS9 traffic to FSX traffic - should I ever want Orbit Airlines back instead of American, Continental, Fedex, United, Boac, AirTran, etc etc...FSX - new folders-AddonAircraft (all my user add-on stuff)-AIAircraft (ALL add-on AI)-addonTraffic (all add-on traffic plans)etcadditions to fsx.cfg to find all non-default aircraft:SimObjectPaths.6=AddonAircraftSimObjectPaths.7=AIAircraftaddonTraffic is controlled through the scenery library feature. It doesn't have to be in world scenery or any other specific location - any valid and enabled scenery folder will work. I chose a fresh, easy-to-identify new folder to place it in. Best not to reference the FS9 aircraft folder itself because of the possibility of duplicating some default aircraft titles...Hope it all works great!Loyd

Guest Sinnerman49

Interesting. You don't run into the Black AI Traffic problem? (See my other post...)I'm curious what the defining factor is for that problem....hrmmm...

Black aircraft at a specific distance (and beyond)? Of course. That's always been there, since the preview version with default AC. It seems common to most of us and not to belabor the other thread, I have always assumed it either native to FSX or the limitations of my hardware. I notice it but really don't worry about it. They will fix it or not. It will go away when I upgrade or not. No AI planes follow me through my canyons and mountain explorations so I just IGNORE them...Loyd

>Interesting. You don't run into the Black AI Traffic problem?>(See my other post...)>>>I'm curious what the defining factor is for that>problem....hrmmm...I believe the cause of that is the fact that MOST if not all AI models were compiled using the FS2002 or FS9 makemdl, and not the FSX mdl compiler.I saw your other thread and I didn't see anyone mention that to you.I believe, with great certainty, that THAT is the cause. Not FSX, not gfx card memory, but rather the mdl.It was discussed a while back, in a thread with the term "black crows" in the thread title, either here or at PAI, I can't remember.Notice if you use a true FSX model as AI, it WILL NOT TURN BLACK at a distance.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB