Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Spad.next and Lorbys Axis And Ohs are just amazing

Yep AAO is essential for me. No more fighting with the MSFS default commands (which never work as they should on 3rd party aircrat anyway) or fighting with my hardware. I can use my Warthog for every and any aircraft exactly the way I want it.
Also I use AAO for my own real life SOP checklists (that is: I say "Before Taxi no engine bleed checklist" and AAO reads my checklist and waits for the correct response from me, by voice; much better and much more flexible than FS2CREW or anything else that uses pre-scripted checklists). Really added upon immersion when I started doing this.

Axis and Ohs scripting is amazing.  I took some time to learn RPN and once you get past the word/number order hang up it’s surprisingly simple. Additionally, with the new in game panel the direct access to B variables makes configuring any cockpit a breeze.

What I love the most is setting up the bravo switches 1-3 as night lights (the maddog is like a 20 second script). I also set up a script for runway turn on where it sets lights and other misc switches so I can focus on the important TO details.  Finally at landing I have a clean up script so I can press a button and be on my way with taxi. Another when I park at the gate and a final one for shutting down the aircraft. Basically I’ll start things up super manually but can’t be bothered at the end of the flight to checklist anything. 

Spad + XTouch Mini here and not going back. Whenever I see a MSFS YT vid with the title "Real Pilot" and see them struggling with the mouse to change heading or frequencies it makes me cringe and shake my head.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

What's best for a Loupedeck user - Spad or As & Os ? I've heard Spad, but more opinions / experiences would be welcome.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

5 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Spad + XTouch Mini here and not going back. Whenever I see a MSFS YT vid with the title "Real Pilot" and see them struggling with the mouse to change heading or frequencies it makes me cringe and shake my head.

Hey Stewy-

How difficult is this to set up?
I’m slowly incorporating AAO because I can set preferences for each aircraft.

Thanks,

Mark

17 hours ago, newtie said:

Hey Stewy-

How difficult is this to set up?
I’m slowly incorporating AAO because I can set preferences for each aircraft.

Thanks,

Mark

My experience only but I found AAO way more complicated so I went with Spad and found it much easier, I watched about 3 vids and that was it, any button or switch I can assign to the mini. Not only for the x-touch mini but for other devices like the Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster and Saitek throttle ect.. and it recognized them no problem.

When I got the Black Square Caravan it took me 20-30 mins tops to copy and paste some that I had set up from the 310R I had previously set up. It also recognizes the setup for each plane automatically and the only thing I have problems is with are interior lights adjustments, I'm to lazy to assign them to rotator knobs or the slider and gave up 🙂 but basically in flight I don't use the keyboard/mouse for any of the functions.

Edit: this is what I have problems with, I'll try again.

Edited by FPStewy
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD