Sign in to follow this  
knich

GSX problem at KMSP

I cannot get GSX pro to work at KMSP.  It crashes to desktop every time the profile starts to load at any gate.  I know the problem is not the airport as no crash when load without GSX pro.

Anyone experienced similar problem or have a solution?

45 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

What profile? Try it without the profile...?

latest GSX pro.  I tried without profile and no crash.  So the problem seems to be GSX

Edited by knich

35 minutes ago, knich said:

latest GSX pro.  I tried without profile and no crash.  So the problem seems to be GSX

No it seems to be the profile 😉

• Like 2

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

1 hour ago, altenae said:

No it seems to be the profile 😉

Hmm..do you mean something in the settings?  If so, what do you think?

2 hours ago, knich said:

Hmm..do you mean something in the settings?  If so, what do you think?

What do you mean by "profile"? GSX profiles downloaded from flightsim.to? Otherwise GSX cannot cause CTDs, from what I know, because it's connected via Simconnect only. When exactly does it CTD? When you call the GSX menu? Or when you click on something in the GSX menu?

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

What do you mean by "profile"? GSX profiles downloaded from flightsim.to? Otherwise GSX cannot cause CTDs, from what I know, because it's connected via Simconnect only. When exactly does it CTD? When you call the GSX menu? Or when you click on something in the GSX menu?

Yeah..I think I am misusing profile.  There is not a GSX profile for KMSP I can find on flightsim.to.  I am referring to the app itself.  So..when I launch the flight and the plane is loaded at the gate.  The GSX menu (refuel, board, pushback, etc) starts to launch automatically and it freezes immediately.  The game then CTD moments later.  Each time I try it does that.  If I remove GSX from Community, no CTD. 

5 hours ago, knich said:

Yeah..I think I am misusing profile.  There is not a GSX profile for KMSP I can find on flightsim.to.  I am referring to the app itself.  So..when I launch the flight and the plane is loaded at the gate.  The GSX menu (refuel, board, pushback, etc) starts to launch automatically and it freezes immediately.  The game then CTD moments later.  Each time I try it does that.  If I remove GSX from Community, no CTD. 

than  post your  issues at the  fdst forum  then,  might  be  some  else  with  same  issues 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

9 hours ago, knich said:

I see, never heard that before, so yeah, you might want to contact support: support@virtualisoftware.com

In the meantime have you tried a clean reinstall of GSX? Seems something has corrupted.

No problems whatsoever with GSX at KMSP:

Not that could be any doubt about it, since GSX cannot possibly crash the sim, since it runs externally to it, with no access whatsoever to the simulator own process and memory, but I tried nevertheless, because it might still be possible that, a bug in the scenery could possibly trigger a bug in the sim, which might cause a cause a crash when ANY add-on ( not just GSX, of course ) would use the Navdata to query about its parking positions. But it wasn't the case either.

Of course, since you haven't provided the slightest detail about the scenery used, and if you have a GSX Profile ( I couldn't find any profiles for KMSP on flightsim.to ), I could only assume default scenery with no GSX profile, and I loaded the Fenix A320 for good measure, just to add in a complex airplane, before anybody would say my test wasn't conclusive if I used a lightweight default airplane.

Have you used a freeware add-on for KMSP ( I don't know of any commercial ones ) ?

There are two free sceneries for KMSP on flightsim.to, one which cannot be downloaded because the author has unlisted it, and another one I haven't tried. Have you used that one maybe ? If yes, if it comes with changed parking spots or Jetways, be sure you EXCLUDE KMSP it from GSX Jetway replacement, something you are always supposed to do when you install a 3rd party airport that has jetways, and failing to do so, will introduce a scenery conflict. Since as common in most freeware, this scenery ignored the recommended package naming standard, you must exclude it by-code in the GSX Config Panel, because it cannot be automatically recognized by the "Exclude 3rd party" button, not just because it ignores the naming convention, but it doesn't even have the "airport" keyword anywhere in its package name, so it must be excluded manually.

A scenery conflict, however, would likely cause just duplicated parking spots in the map, and most likely Jetways not working, but I never heard of CTDs because of that, but I guess they might still be possible, so be sure if you have installed the freeware scenery, you correctly configure GSX to exclude jetways for that airport because, regardless of the chance of a CTD, you want to fix the conflict in any case, to have the scenery usable.

9 hours ago, virtuali said:

No problems whatsoever with GSX at KMSP:

Not that could be any doubt about it, since GSX cannot possibly crash the sim, since it runs externally to it, with no access whatsoever to the simulator own process and memory, but I tried nevertheless, because it might still be possible that, a bug in the scenery could possibly trigger a bug in the sim, which might cause a cause a crash when ANY add-on ( not just GSX, of course ) would use the Navdata to query about its parking positions. But it wasn't the case either.

Of course, since you haven't provided the slightest detail about the scenery used, and if you have a GSX Profile ( I couldn't find any profiles for KMSP on flightsim.to ), I could only assume default scenery with no GSX profile, and I loaded the Fenix A320 for good measure, just to add in a complex airplane, before anybody would say my test wasn't conclusive if I used a lightweight default airplane.

Have you used a freeware add-on for KMSP ( I don't know of any commercial ones ) ?

There are two free sceneries for KMSP on flightsim.to, one which cannot be downloaded because the author has unlisted it, and another one I haven't tried. Have you used that one maybe ? If yes, if it comes with changed parking spots or Jetways, be sure you EXCLUDE KMSP it from GSX Jetway replacement, something you are always supposed to do when you install a 3rd party airport that has jetways, and failing to do so, will introduce a scenery conflict. Since as common in most freeware, this scenery ignored the recommended package naming standard, you must exclude it by-code in the GSX Config Panel, because it cannot be automatically recognized by the "Exclude 3rd party" button, not just because it ignores the naming convention, but it doesn't even have the "airport" keyword anywhere in its package name, so it must be excluded manually.

A scenery conflict, however, would likely cause just duplicated parking spots in the map, and most likely Jetways not working, but I never heard of CTDs because of that, but I guess they might still be possible, so be sure if you have installed the freeware scenery, you correctly configure GSX to exclude jetways for that airport because, regardless of the chance of a CTD, you want to fix the conflict in any case, to have the scenery usable.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.  I was using the KMSP addon from flightsim.to, which was definitely causing CTD at the gate.  I assumed it was GSX because it was not crashing with GSX removed. Yes I had the jetways disabled.  However, when I removed the addon, put back in default jetways and used default Asobo airport, GSX worked.  The problem now is that the sim starts without jetways and other structures, then they appear suddenly and the sim CTD. 

So something wonky going on and as you correctly noted unrelated to GSX.  

I have this problem now at KORD...didn't have this problem before.

Screenshot-2614.png

Screenshot-2616.png

I do have one other question:  In your video, you have option on handling carrier, when you select boarding.  I don't have that option oddly.  

While you're here....

I just installed KDEN by FlightBeam.  For some reason the jetways don't activate w/ GSX Pro, as all other ones do for me.  This is what it looked like during boarding:

spacer.png

Am I maybe supposed to request a jetway before requesting boarding for this particular airport?  I also have a GSX Pro profile installed for the FB KDEN.   I do have Asobo KDEN uninstalled FWIW.

And I did the fsdt Live Update as well.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 hours ago, Noel said:

I just installed KDEN by FlightBeam.  For some reason the jetways don't activate w/ GSX Pro, as all other ones do for me.  This is what it looked like during boarding:

I can see GSX Jetways there, so it's the same reason I posted before:

If it comes with changed parking spots or Jetways, be sure you EXCLUDE KMSP KDEN it from GSX Jetway replacement, something you are always supposed to do when you install a 3rd party airport that has jetways, and failing to do so, will introduce a scenery conflict.

Quoting from GSX Manual, Page 7, in the current version of it, we revised the explanation to make it more clear, since this seems to escape lots of users:

IMPORTANT

The Configuration of 3rd Party Exclusion from Jetway replacement is done when doing any of the following:

• When you first Install or reinstall GSX

• When you perform a GSX Update

• If you Install/Reinstall/Unlink/Relink any FSDT airport

If you install a new 3rd party scenery, just installing it won’t result to automatically go here and reconfigure Jetway Exclusion, you should develop a habit to always check the GSX Config page after installing a new 3rd party scenery. Failing to do so, would result in Parking conflicts (visible as double Parking spots in the World Map), and Jetways malfunctions.

If you never use default airports and you always have a 3rd party add-on for any airport you fly into, you might consider Disabling ALL GSX Jetway replacement files at once, by clicking the >>> button on the Enabled side, so they will all go on the Disabled side, and eventually Enable an airport, for that time you want to use the default scenery.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, virtuali said:

If it comes with changed parking spots or Jetways, be sure you EXCLUDE KMSP KDEN it from GSX Jetway replacement, something you are always supposed to do when you install a 3rd party airport that has jetways, and failing to do so, will introduce a scenery conflict.

Thank you for the explanation.  I guess all one needs to do is click the exclude button sometime after one of these airports is installed?  It's very straightforward....and for reasons I don't understand other 3rd party airports installed were already excluded, and I didn't manually exclude them!  Thanks again

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X