Sign in to follow this  
Matt Sdeel

FSLTL --where is the setting for Flight Conditions?

I'm installing FSLTL. The instructions below state that Air Traffic is set to "off" under Flight Conditions. Where do I find Flight Condtions in MSFS?

From FSLTL installation guide: Installation Instructions – FSLTL – FS Live Traffic Liveries:

Recommended MSFS Traffic Settings
The FSLTL Injector can run alongside MSFS traffic but to ensure the best experience we recommend the following MSFS settings to avoid conflict and overlap.

Flight Conditions
  Air Traffic set to "off"
General Options / Traffic tab
  Aircraft Traffic type set to "off"
  Ground Aircraft Density set to "0"

General Options -> Traffic

"Air Traffic" is actually called "Aircraft Traffic"

EDIT: What they mean with flight conditions is the window before the flight where you set time&date and weather etc.; but in-flight you can set it in the general options too

Edited by Fiorentoni

12 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

General Options -> Traffic

"Air Traffic" is actually called "Aircraft Traffic"

EDIT: What they mean with flight conditions is the window before the flight where you set time&date and weather etc.; but in-flight you can set it in the general options too

Looks like the manual needs an edit or a clarification eg. "Flight Conditions" is not under Options

Also, why am I still seeing planes with no liveries (ie. some are colored white, with no liveries painted on them) when I already set Aircraft Traffic to "off" and "Ground Aircraft Density" to "0". (I have the Steam version of MSFS). These generic white planes mix with planes with real-world liveries. How do I get rid of these planes with no liveries on them?

7 minutes ago, Matt Sdeel said:

Looks like the manual needs an edit or a clarification eg. "Flight Conditions" is not under Options

Also, why am I still seeing planes with no liveries (ie. some are colored white, with no liveries painted on them) when I already set Aircraft Traffic to "off" and "Ground Aircraft Density" to "0". (I have the Steam version of MSFS). These generic white planes mix with planes with real-world liveries. How do I get rid of these planes with no liveries on them?

That's what you get with FSLTL in some more exotic places. It means it's an airline that FSLTL has no livery yet for (for that specific aircraft type). You can download AIG's complete content, so their models and liveries (they have almost anything) are being used as a backup; that happens automatically.

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

You can download AIG's complete content, so their models and liveries (they have almost anything) are being used as a backup; that happens automatically.

FSLTL works with AIG?  I thought AIG was a completely separate program.  

How do I download AIG's complete content and how do I get FSLTL to use the content?  

What happens automatically, the download or the backup?

9 minutes ago, Matt Sdeel said:

How do I download AIG's complete content and how do I get FSLTL to use the content?  

It works with AIG's models and liveries, yes. FSLTL has already included in its setup that - if it can't find an appropriate livery - it will check the community folder for an appropriate AIG livery, automatically. So this means you only have to download these and put them in the community folder. Done.

As for downloading, you can either use the AIG Manager to download it (keep in mind this will take multiple hours and be up to 35 GB disk space, because as said they have basically every existing airline) or google for an AIG complete package to download as one file, which will be faster because you don't have to interact with the AIG Manager.
You don't need AIG's traffic injector or anything for that matter, just the models and liveries; so there will also be no conflict in that regard since technically you are still using FSLTL to inject traffic.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

You've installed all of the content w/ the FBW Installer?  FWIW Matt, I use FSLTL w/o AIG and never see all white planes and fly in a wide variety of airlines and routes worldwide.  I just mention it to suggest maybe wait and use it a while before adding all of that storage time and so forth.  

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X