Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

AVSIM Is Very Supressive When People Complain About FSX

Nevermind

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest LSflyguy

>So what would you like the nay sayers to do. Just be quiet>about the ulcers and maybe nextime they wil be the ones who>are lucky with their machine. Would your views even be the>same if you wheren't that lucky with your older computer>first.>>The negative rants and this kind of glowing 'its great posts'>have one thing in common they are off the scale and make>caricature of the typical common experience you are likely to>have with the product. Both types of comments are>counterproductive. But only one type gets cencored. The>negative comments get locked because they in nature are>ussualy supported by negative remarks and colorfull language>to support the statement. Nobody ever cencored a comment>because it contained superlatives and (maybe unwarented)>praise to support its message and those posts can do just as>much damage.>>So just maybe naysayers should post comments like.>- It is an unique experience with framerates like I never ever>experienced in a flightsim...>- Never before I've seen a product delivering such a different>experience from the pre release hype...>- SP1 even brings back all those blurry things we know an>loved in FS9!>- With the 20% aveage FPS gain in SP2 I now gain a full 2 FPS!>(do the math he now gets 12 fps instead of 10) >>I know its all badly exagerated but pro / con posts basicly>are exagerations I think its bad we only let the positive>exageration live and lock the negative ones. It skews the>overal view.boshar, What would I like the naysayers to do? I'd like to see them get their problems with FSX resolved, and be able to enjoy the sim. Or are you here to tell us that naysaying is actually an end in itself? I don't know of anybody who has a problem with someone who posts in these forums saying they're having difficulty with FSX and need help resolving an issue. In fact, I'd bet there are many thousands of users who have had their issues resolved through these forums, and I've certainly been among them. Where I think some of us have problems with the so-called "naysayers" is where these people come to the forums simply to dump all over ACES, Microsoft, satisfied FSX users, AVSIM staff, and anyone else within earshot -- often with arguments that are patently ridiculous and with personal attacks calling the developers' ethics and motives into question. I've seen assertions from some of the "professional naysayers" that FSX will never run adequately, or that we'd have to wait years and spend upwards of $5,000 on a PC that's capable of running it. For example, you just mischaracterized my post above: it wasn't "glowing" or "off the scale" -- I clearly pointed out that FSX was not sufficiently mature at the time of its release and that it definitely had flaws. I also stated clearly that there is no such thing as a "perfect" FS release, nor is there ever likely to be. Somehow you seem to read only the parts of these posts that fit your view that FSX is an unmitigated disaster, and ignore the rest. So be it. This is what I find typical of the "naysayers," and it's why I think AVSIM should filter naysayer-spam much more aggressively than they've done in the past. To me, the false assertions from some of the professional naysayers are just as objectionable as the spam I get in my email inbox. And about as useful. You people don't need to keep repeating the same tired points over, and over, and over again. We've heard them already!!!! If you're REALLY that upset with FSX, just return it for a refund and enjoy the perfect performance of some other game. Or do you actually gain more pleasure by trying to ruin the experience for the rest of us? As to being "lucky" with FSX, sometimes you make your own luck. We simply don't know whether some of the people who report persistent problems have set up their hardware and software properly, or whether a virus or background program might be hogging their system resources. There are plenty of ways for an FSX installation to go wrong that have far more to do with user error than evil schemes by Microsoft and/or ACES. We don't have the advantage of being able to sit at someone else's computer and help them fix an issue that might be impeding their enjoyment of the sim. Obviously, there ARE things wrong with FSX -- no doubt about it. And Phil Taylor has already told us that SP2 won't fix everything that we (and he) would like to see fixed. I'll go WAY out on a limb and predict that FS11 won't "fix" everything, either. Where I part company with the naysayers is that I just don't see these issues as showstoppers. I can still gain great enjoyment from the 99.99% of FSX that works just great, and hope that the remaining items can be fixed in a future patch or release. Far more important to me is the fact that ACES is genuinely trying to advance the technology of PC-based flight simming, and that's a very encouraging thing. And just for the record.... I don't fly framerates, I fly a simulated aicraft. My personal experience with FSX is that you cannot accurately compare FS9 and FSX framerates, because FSX is capable of producing a smoother sensation of flying at lower framerates than any of its predecessors. For me, the only serious problems I've experienced are with the densest scenery areas (notably Seattle and NYC) which still don't give me acceptable performance on my aging machine (post-SP1). I fire up FS9 if I need to fly in either of these areas. It's a limitation I can live with until I get my new machine up and running. As for the "pre-release hype" I am actually far more satisfied with FSX than I expected to be after previewing it at last year's AVSIM conference, where there was hype a-plenty. Even with FSX's imperfections, I'm able to gain tremendous enjoyment from it. If you can't do so, then why not just stay with FS9 and quit bothering the rest of us about it? What do you expect to accomplish by beating a dead horse with your relentless negativity? You've made your points (ad nauseum) and I'd respectfully suggest that it's time to move on, or consider finding a less stressful hobby. (Try golf, it's quite relaxing and the scenery's very nice.)

Guest rap777

Hi Dick!I also was one of the ones who replied to the post in question.I must say that your argument misses the point completely.It was not about wether he was happy or unhappy with whatever, IT WAS THE FACT THAT HE QUESTIONED MY SANITY simply because I do enjoy FSX and I DO intend to buy Acceleration. (Not only mine BUT also of others who think like that). I do not know about you but I do not like being labelled insane so carelessly!Regards & God blessAlfred

may be the "aluminium black case" makes all the difference? ;)

>>>>I'm an flightsim fan and I hate FS-X. >>I'm a real flight fan, and I guess that's why I enjoy FSX! >:-jumpy >>L.AdamsonAh the one true flight fan ;-)I'm about a milion times more trueer then thou art!:(

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest LSflyguy

>may be the "aluminium black case" makes all the difference?>;)Those Lian-Li's are really nice cases. I couldn't afford one, so I bought a cheaper Antec P182 steel black case instead. Since then my FSX performance has improved tremendously -- and it's not even the case in which I have FSX installed! :-D

Maybe you should check Larry's credentials before posting something that may embarrass you later..

Bert

Very well said.I'm also among the crowd that is flying FSX on a previous generation processor, albeit with a new video card and more memory.It is only because of this forum and many contributions from other sim-pilots and from the Aces team that I've been able to configure FSX so that I get a satisfying flight experience. I now know that I'll be living with blurries in Seattle and other big cities, but I also know that the default Cessna in the virtual cockpit is about as close as I have come to flying for "real" with any simulator, out of the box, ever !One of these days, I will no doubt exchange my four year old rig for the latest Intel quad system, but until then, I can only marvel at the great strides we have all collectively made since I flew Flight Simulator on the IBM PCJr, roughly 30 years ago. The Aces team deserve full thanks for the latest release, and once I've got my new system up and running, I'll take another serious look at performance.Also thanks to the moderators for keeping these forums informative and fun and moderating with a light, but firm hand. Much appreciated !

Bert

Ah yes, 1993... I was but a babe in the woods then. All of 13 or so. :)You sure your old and senile mind didn't translate 2003 into 1993? We didn't start up until 1997, so 1993 would have been before the "creation", so to speak. :)And MAN OH MAN.. Am I sure glad that ** I ** didn't lock that topic! :-lol

Did I mention I just turned 50? :-)Actually 1993 was the year I bought my Debonair-a freudian and possibly scotch induced slip late at night.I do remember having the conversations that caused me to leave that would have been 1997-98-the time the first pro pilot came out. I know this is right cause pro pilot '99 had me on the credits as a nearly 400 hour pilot-so my logbook tells me so!Thanks for making me feel old though! :-) Now I am worried if it was really 50 I turned a few days ago... :-hmmmhttp://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>Did I mention I just turned 50? :-)>>Actually 1993 was the year I bought my Debonair-a freudian and>possibly scotch induced slip late at night.>>I do remember having the conversations that caused me to leave> that would have been 1997-98-the time the first pro pilot>came out. I know this is right cause pro pilot '99 had me on>the credits as a nearly 400 hour pilot-so my logbook tells me>so!>>Thanks for making me feel old though! :-) Now I am worried if>it was really 50 I turned a few days ago... :-hmmm>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg>Forum Moderator>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Geofa good old pro flight memories lol congrats on your birthday :-beerchugAndr

André