Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Status of Fulcrum and Orders

On 10/19/2023 at 1:36 PM, Ivor said:

Brunner yoke any one ! With feed back , not cheap but in production and order off the shelf !

I ordered one… expecting it in a week or so

• Upvote 1

PPL(A)

well maybe someone here can help me. I am looking for replacement screws that attach the desktop clamp to the yoke. Anyone know the size of these 4 screws? 

Fulcrum is a scam.

They stole our money. They don't respond to our enquiries. They don't cancel or refund our orders.

The website is still live and taking orders, and that is fraud.

And the scumbag timed us out on clawing back our money through paypal or credit card by stringing us along until it was too late.

Do NOT order from this company.

Kirk

@kirkf, Fulcrum is NOT a scam. The business has ceased trading. No items are available for sale. I cannot comment on existing orders. If you paid by credit card or PayPal claim your money back from them.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

There has been no response from this company in over 5 months. No one has gotten a delivery in this time. Fulcrum is not responding to communications. Refunds are not being processed by Fulcrum.

Many of us paid for our goods through Paypal, and the timeout for refund from Paypal is 180 days. We cannot get out money back.

So unless you are planning to send me my $848.47 CDN back, I suggest you stop insisting that we haven't had our money stolen from us by a scam outfit.

At this point I'm sure many of us are questioning your involvement in this situation, as you have openly stated you know the owner of the company, and for whatever reason you continue to defend them. 

Since you are on such friendly terms perhaps you could walk on over there and get me a refund on order #3106.

Kirk

• Like 1

@kirkf, I am on friendly terms with the owner but I’m not responsible for the company. I suggest you put a claim in to PayPal. Have you actually tried?

I paid for the throttle quadrant in April via credit card and when it became obvious I wouldn’t receive it in October I claimed my payment back from my credit card company. I received the full amount. Insist with PayPal. Make a fuss. I spelt out in full why I asked for the refund and it was accepted.

I never once accused Fulcrum of being a scam company. The pandemic and subsequent shortage of critical components were responsible for the company being unable to produce yokes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I can attest it's not a scam, because I ordered one before all this went down, received it, and it's fantastic. A scam company wouldn't have bothered to design and manufacture something this good.

That said, if they're having trouble fulfilling orders, they should certainly stop taking new ones. But "bad at business" is not the same thing as "intentionally ripping people off."

• Like 7

being unable to produce, SHOULDN'T BE UNABLE TO TALK

Edited by jhku
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jhku said:

being unable to produce, SHOULDN'T BE UNABLE TO TALK

Yes, while it seems Fulcrum was an unfortunate victim of world circumstances, the failure to communicate with the customer base was a critical mistake that has just exacerbated the situation, and will make any potential future recovery more difficult IMO. Sad all around.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 3

you can understand all the problems that the company has, etc... but the lack of a CLEAR AND AT LEAST ONE POSITION FROM THE OWNER'S PART is unacceptable... this is simply not how you do business

As Ray said above, Fulcum is not a scam company. I pre-ordered the yoke and received it. It is one if not the best yoke in the market. I also pre-ordered the throttle, which I hope I'll receive it once Fulcrum is up and running.

With the above being said, I agree that the lack of communication from Chris has been extremely disappointing. Taking other people's money and not updating on stock status is completely unacceptable.

However, now that Chris has told us what had happened, the best thing IMHO is to give him a chance to redeem himself. 

Nico

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

After reading some of the posts here over the last few months I was very glad to see a new email from Chris.

As one of the early pre orders with my my first yoke had a failed plastic gear and after Chris resolving what the issue was I had a replacement. About 4 months later I contacted Chris about my yoke coming lose because the yoke mounting part was spreading apart and I put a hose clamp around it and prevent that. Some time later Chris had a replacement yoke mount that was much stronger and he then sent me a replacement yoke which is the one I use today.

With my history with Chris I will take him at his word and hope he can resolve any remaining issues over the coming months.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

50 minutes ago, SparkerInVR said:

After reading some of the posts here over the last few months I was very glad to see a new email from Chris.

As one of the early pre orders with my my first yoke had a failed plastic gear and after Chris resolving what the issue was I had a replacement. About 4 months later I contacted Chris about my yoke coming lose because the yoke mounting part was spreading apart and I put a hose clamp around it and prevent that. Some time later Chris had a replacement yoke mount that was much stronger and he then sent me a replacement yoke which is the one I use today.

With my history with Chris I will take him at his word and hope he can resolve any remaining issues over the coming months.

I wholeheartedly agree.

• Upvote 1

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

Having received the email from Chris this morning my opinion remains the the same, a decent man who made a great product.

Things have gone wrong for many people since 2020, and my finger is firmly pointed at a small elf like man in America for that, although we can’t go into that here.

I empathise with those who have lost money and for whom the lack of communication must have been extremely frustrating.It shouldn’t have happened this way, but at the heart of it was a decent man struggling as his world fell apart not a giant corporate like thrustmaster.

My Yoke has been faultless for the last 3 years and I remain of the opinion it is one of the best yokes available, and at its original price, way too cheap in comparison to others, an absolute bargain.

I wish Chris all the best for restarting things and I hope others can finally get to experience the fulcrum.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I have hidden a post that contains the email from Chris at Fulcrum. Not for any sinister reasons I assure you.

Chris will be posting it himself shortly on this forum. It’s only fair he is under control of all communications from Fulcrum.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather