Sign in to follow this  
Alpine Scenery

(poll) What area in the US do you fly in the most?

What area in the US do you fly in the most?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose the area you fly in the most, even if you fly in multiple areas just pick the most common.

• Alaska
    • Hawaii
    • Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington State, Vancouver)
    • California
    • Montana
    • Idaho
    • Wyoming
    • Utah
    • Colorado
    • New Mexico
    • South Dakota (Rapid City, Rushmore, Black Hills)
    • Central & Northern US (Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, etc...)
    • South-Central US (Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi)
    • NE US (NY, NJ, DC, Maine, NH, Vermont, etc..)
    • SE Appalachia (North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Northern Georgia, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia)
    • Gulf Coast excluding Florida (Alabama, Coastal Mississippi, Coastal Texas, Coastal Louisiana)
    • Other (I do not generally fly in one place significantly more than another place in the US)
    • Arizona
    • Florida
    • Rarely or Never fly in the US

Just curious what parts of the US people are flying in most lately.

I realize I could have broken this down differently, but this is just how I decided to do it.

For myself, it is usually Alaska lately, though I do fly in almost all areas fairly equally excluding the NE and Central US (not much in Kansas or Nebraska).

If I had to choose one, I would probably pick Alaska for myself.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I never fly in the US so... I am out of luck here. You might have added that option though. 😉 In the past (FSX, P3D) I did fly in the US because of the Orbx scenery (PNW and Alaska mainly) but with MSFS I can fly where I REALLY like to fly. 😉

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

If I had to choose one, I would probably pick Alaska for myself.

Idaho and Montana are beautiful in the sim. Haven't been there in real life and would love to go after seeing it in the sim.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

Arizona. Not even mentioned. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

used to be alaska.  But that's one area that's not terribly well done in MSFS.  

• Like 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Mostly the intersection of California, Arizona, and Nevada. For summers, I head to Bodo, Norway and fly from there up North. For winters, will occasionally head to Cordoba, Argentina and fly south from there towards Patagonia.

All these areas are well represented in beautiful scenery and well done add-on airports.

Edited by hs118
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, St Mawgan said:

Arizona. Not even mentioned. 

Oops, I will add it.
Now added at the bottom of the list, also added Florida separately.
Had to add them at the bottom after a poll is already created, otherwise it messes up the stats.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

1 hour ago, toby23 said:

Idaho and Montana are beautiful in the sim. Haven't been there in real life and would love to go after seeing it in the sim.

Yes, they are both amazing, so is the Utah area just east of Salt Lake City (from Park City to Huntsville to Logan in May or June).

Been to all these places and I can say they are all about equal, but possibly you could say Glacier National Park in Montana is the most scenic overall if you had to pick one place.

I have been flying in the US since ...ever. One can find stunning landscapes but also, well... this was the only choice for so long when you wanted a decent regional scenery below your wings 😄. Hat off to Orbx. In MSFS, the world scenery offers such a diversity that I fly  there less often.  Call it a case of satiation. PNW, Alaska, Idaho, California, I have had too much of them  I suppose. 

When I do, I like to fly a region which is too often overlooked, the Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians. Impressive relief, a good diversity of airports and an incentive to tune to some great Country & Blue Grass music.  

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Much of the aerial imagery in the Appalachian area has pretty good PR quality, higher quality than a lot of the Western US, though some of California is also pretty high quality (around the cities especially).

It’s difficult to choose when it comes to the USA as it’s got simply everything you could desire when it comes to aviation.

I use the map mod that really works beautifully in the US. I seemed to have concentrated on the Portland and Oregan areas lately but Houston and the industry around it I find endlessly fascinating.

If fly airliner routes, so naturally I‘m everywhere, though, bigger and more airports tend to be at both the east and west coast. Actually visually wise I like flying over the mid-west and the rockies more than flying over let‘s say Conneticut.

Since we could only choose one option, here‘s the other areas I frequently fly in other than my number 1 California (and Las Vegas): Washington DC/NY/Boston, Great Lakes (including the Canadian side), Pacific Northwest (including Vancouver).

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2