Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Black Traffic models when far away (Pics) any help?

Guest baksteen33

Hi everybody, As Alvega kindly stated (thanks!), My Traffic X currently suffers much less form black models than other AI. To show so and because I can't post such large pics here, I've posted a couple of screenshots in the MT-forum. For completeness sake, I must mention that they were taken with the latest beta which will be released in roughly ten days (details below). I went as far as possible so that the most remote aircraft were still slightly visible. In the KHPX screenie for example, you'll see a tiny, textured, FSX aircraft next to black ones on the far side of the field. http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65265In the current version, v.5.1, there are over 25 FSX models which don't have this blackness problem any longer. Concretely; all B737s, MD80s, A300, A310, A318, the Dashes and a couple of other craft. Some of them were already added to v.5.0. The next release - v.5.1a, in beta now - will add more, another 6-8 all new, FSX models and paints - the remainder of the Airbuses plus great nightlights. The v.5.1a pre-announcement is here: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65142Because we often get questions about pricing; v.5.1a will be part of v.5.1 and free of charge for v.5.1 (Simmarket) customers. Simmarket customers using MTX v.5.0 - with fairly few FSX models and hence more black AC - can upgrade to v.5.1 for 5.- Euro (incl VAT). Those with an Aerosoft DVD can crossgrade to the Simmarket version any time for 15.- Euro. @ Jeff, something doesn't sound right. If you updated to 5.1 you should see much, much less black aircraft. Maybe you still have 'v.5.double-zero'? Please visit the MT forum and we'll see what we can do. Cheers and kind regards Jaap

>happens also with FSX default AI aircraft, its not a model>issue, its a bug. thats it.You are the first person I've ever seen to report that a native FSX aircraft exhibits this behavior.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest flying-w

And progress on the 747s is not far behind ;-) Just take a look on the MyTraffic forum that Jaap refers to, and this is an FSX model with no pop to black.

Guest tmholopa

well maybe i am the only one. or not have you visited international forums?

Guest jshyluk

My MyTraffic X copy is definitely not up-to-date, as I had to uninstall it to make way for another traffic program under review. I am pleased to hear that the updating process is working well! If/when you think you have the problem worked out, you should please send the News Editor a press release, and let the entire Avsim readership know.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest TomOOO

I don't think this is the problem in this case but I have seenblack textures in FS9 due to a mistake in adding airport scenery.I managed (?) to have 2 scenery sets for one airport, both were"displayed" with 2 AFCAD parking. When the planes overlapped on the same parking they turned black - just as shown here. Theblack planes would flip to the correct textures when one taxiedand emerged from the still parked plane - odd or what. Correcting the order of AFCAD and scenery files fixed the problem.