Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

PMDG June 3 update

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/252935-03jun23-your-weekend-update

Just pasting the bits related to the EFB and 777:

PMDG Universal Flight Tablet:
We did not push a build to beta testing this week as planned, as we have a few more details that needed to be tamped down. The tablet team is eager to hand this to the betas however, so it should happen quite literally any day now.

PMDG 777 for MSFS:
The 777 continues to be adapted based upon the things we are learning while moving the 737s into Marketplace and into the Xbox community. Those lessons indicated that a refactoring of how we mange click-interfaces for the cockpit was warranted, and that process is now completed- save for a few changes that are still flowing from the 737 Xbox releases. The big news for 777 this week is that we are finally able to test all systems and interfaces within the simulator- and forward progress is accelerating. We are close to commencing flight testing on the airplane, which will be the phase that tells us more about the airplane's fitness for release. No previews yet- as the airplane is still in it's "ugly development phase" where we are focused on form and function, not beauty.

• Like 6

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Just now, lwt1971 said:

We did not push a build to beta testing this week as planned

😆 Rinse and repeat!

That being said, I really do hope the PMDG 777 is something worth waiting for.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

23 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

😆 Rinse and repeat!

That being said, I really do hope the PMDG 777 is something worth waiting for.

I definitely prefer to see progress reports, even those that indicate some lack of intended progress, rather than living in the cone of silence for a year or more.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 7

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Lost faith in pmdg. over a year and still no EFB with useless rambling "updates". Taking my wallet elsewhere (Fenix like).

Edited by Booms

I anticipated EFB will be mind blowing LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

33 minutes ago, Booms said:

Lost faith in pmdg. over a year and still no EFB with useless rambling "updates". Taking my wallet elsewhere (Fenix like).

These comments always make me laugh. In the last year PMDG has released 4 minor model 737s (600-900) including cargo, BBJ's ER's etc.  Multiple winglet types.  Lots of product updates.

In that same timeframe Fenix has released 1 minor model, one engine, one winglet version.  BUT it has an EFB I guess???   Fenix can release a 5 paragraph update on V2 and basically say "we are working on it" and gets praise.  PMDG does the same and everybody hates them. 

• Like 14
  • Upvote 3

Nick Running

21 minutes ago, nrunning24 said:

These comments always make me laugh. In the last year PMDG has released 4 minor model 737s (600-900) including cargo, BBJ's ER's etc.  Multiple winglet types.  Lots of product updates.

In that same timeframe Fenix has released 1 minor model, one engine, one winglet version.  BUT it has an EFB I guess???   Fenix can release a 5 paragraph update on V2 and basically say "we are working on it" and gets praise.  PMDG does the same and everybody hates them. 

Maybe because PMDG ports its products from older platforms, while Fenix tries to explore all the resources by creating a product from scratch.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Trovis said:

Maybe because PMDG ports its products from older platforms, while Fenix tries to explore all the resources by creating a product from scratch.

Didn't Fenix get their flight model from another company?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Didn't Fenix get their flight model from another company?

When I said "old platforms", I was obviously referring to FSX, P3D, from which our 737 was ported, and the 777 will. 

On your question regarding the Fenix flightmodel: no, it wasn't ported from these dirty, obsolete platforms. It was made from scratch. So, if you are referring to Prosim, this is a great advantage, after all using a professional platform to develop an airplane is something worthy of applause.

I absolutely would like PMDG to do the same to take full advantage of the resources available. You're not trying to compare FSX with Prosim and say that both developers brought their aircraft from other platforms, are you? 

The problem is not using another platform, but using outdated platforms, probably out of laziness. That's the difference.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trovis said:

When I said "old platforms", I was obviously referring to FSX, P3D, from which our 737 was ported, and the 777 will. 

On your question regarding the Fenix flightmodel: no, it wasn't ported from these dirty, obsolete platforms. It was made from scratch. So, if you are referring to Prosim, this is a great advantage, after all using a professional platform to develop an airplane is something worthy of applause.

I absolutely would like PMDG to do the same to take full advantage of the resources available. You're not trying to compare FSX with Prosim and say that both developers brought their aircraft from other platforms, are you? 

The problem is not using another platform, but using outdated platforms, probably out of laziness. That's the difference.

I bough the Fenix when it first came out, flew it all the time. I finally decided after about six months to get the PMDG 737. Haven't touched the Fenix since. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I bough the Fenix when it first came out, flew it all the time. I finally decided after about six months to get the PMDG 737. Haven't touched the Fenix since. 

Nice. This does not change the fact that it is a ported product.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Meh. I am happy with all my PMDG products (see below) and love flying them. EFB would be nice to "peak" down at some charts vs using my second monitor but.....small things.

They update these planes fairly often and especially a dreaded Sim Update that breaks everything else.

That said, it would be nice to have a Fenix as well.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

31 minutes ago, Trovis said:

So, if you are referring to Prosim, this is a great advantage, after all using a professional platform to develop an airplane is something worthy of applause.

Hi,

I've used PMDG and I've used Prosim, not much difference between the two airliners when it comes to in-flight handling, this is more than likely due to base platform limitations. So outside of systems/sub-systems included/missing in each product they are basically the same. Only real addition to Prosim is the hardware/software interface.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Looking fwd into an MFS-ready PMDG 777, but I seriously hope they fixed the problems with their rather buggy C*u law implementation ... That was long announced as a plan for the update of the P3D version.

The original 777 which I was offered for FSX and later bought for P3D flew all but realistically under C*u so, I eventually gave up on an aircraft which had the 777 "banner" but flew strangely...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...