Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

PMDG June 3 update

Anyone else having problems with the 737's autopilot making rough notchy turns since the last update? I also had to revert back to the old engines.cfg as the spool time was off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Any day now! 

Well. To the beta testers. Leaving them plenty of room to continue beta testing for another year. A public release should be rather announced as

Any year now!

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

The stale if not rancid argument about the laziness of  porting over never ceases to amaze me. 

PMDG has developed over the years the code of excellent simulations in MSFS predecessors.

Why, in Heavens’ (😉), start from scratch again ? To adapt their code to MSFS new functionalities was the sensible way to go. Is there anything in Asobo’s new architecture that they didn’t use, that is missing ?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

What effect will the EFB have on FPS? 

• Like 1

this literally better be the best EFB of all time when its released.  Sometimes its better to just get something out there and improve on it then wait forever. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

2 minutes ago, wiler said:

this literally better be the best EFB of all time when its released.  Sometimes its better to just get something out there and improve on it then wait forever. 

Then everyone complains about an incomplete product.

Either way the developer can't win

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

David Porrett

32 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

The stale if not rancid argument about the laziness of  porting over never ceases to amaze me. 

PMDG has developed over the years the code of excellent simulations in MSFS predecessors.

Why, in Heavens’ (😉), start from scratch again ? To adapt their code to MSFS new functionalities was the sensible way to go. Is there anything in Asobo’s new architecture that they didn’t use, that is missing ?

The choice to port everything from FSX/P3D is a respectable choice: however in FSX/P3D PMDG products were close to perfection and in MSFS they aren't and PMDG always blames Asobo for that. 

In addition to that, recycling the old code caused enourmous issues with the EFB which is written, according to them, in a more modern way (Javascript/Typescript). 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Then everyone complains about an incomplete product.

Either way the developer can't win

Well at the moment this developer is barely in the game. After spending years telling everybody we didn't need an EFB they've now spent almost equally long trying to make one to the points its becoming a running joke.

There are freeway developers out there who've built complex EFB. For some reason the Gods of Flight Sim over at PMDG just can't seem to make it happen.

• Like 3

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

2 hours ago, james42 said:

Anyone else having problems with the 737's autopilot making rough notchy turns since the last update? I also had to revert back to the old engines.cfg as the spool time was off.

Yes ! LNAV was not great before and now its even worse. It is simply wrong logic of turns. 

And yes, engines spool up seems to have an issue as well. 

• Like 3

Roi Ben

26 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Yes ! LNAV was not great before and now its even worse. It is simply wrong logic of turns. 

And yes, engines spool up seems to have an issue as well. 

Both issues already known and reported on the forum. ETA for update: unknown. 

1 hour ago, Jeeeno said:

In addition to that, recycling the old code caused enourmous issues with the EFB which is written, according to them, in a more modern way (Javascript/Typescript). 

PMDG is not a holy cow. The buyers who are not happy with such or such feature of a specific product they have purchased are entitled to display their displeasure. This is not what I read here in some posts. 

Anyway, about the EFB, how can we say much as we don't know its features (if I am not mistaken) ? The DC-6 already has a not too shabby tablet. I suppose they want to improve on it.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

Both issues already known and reported on the forum. ETA for update: unknown. 

How does it not get past beta testers.? 

14ppkc-6.png

11 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

How does it not get past beta testers.? 

The funny thing is that, if I'm not wrong, I've read on the forum a comment of one of the developers that somebody knew the issue about the engine spool issue, but they decided to release the update (I should say downgrade) anyway... 

Edited by Jeeeno
  • Like 2

I still prefer the PMDG communication even if the news are not the ones we all expect compared to for exemple Quality wings communication.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jeeeno said:

The funny thing is that, if I'm not wrong, I've read on the forum a comment of one of the developers that somebody knew the issue about the engine spool issue, but they decided to release the update (I should say downgrade) anyway... 

but from memory it happened with the

a.taxiing issue on the 747, with the brakes.

b.the engine blade texture issue on the 777,

c.the pitch issue on the 777 on finals. 

All of these issues blarring obvious to beta testers surely..   Cue the helmet going on here, while the normal computer coding guru's come along and tell me how this normal..

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png