Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

MSFS losing all settings every day now....

Some may recall my earlier thread about MSFS having lost all settings. Back then at some point I just set it up again, which took me about an hour because fortunately the control profiles are stored seperately.

Well, it happened again yesterday, it set everything up again, and today my settings are gone once more. I tried to launch the sim, it loaded eternally until i was killing it with the task manager. Upon second launch i am greeted with acessability settings and everything set to default.

Anyone else with this problem? Are system settings stored somewhere where i can backup them? I am kind of reluctant to contact support because the last two times they were too busy to prove that the problem is on my side when it clearly wasnt.

MS Store version.

EDIT: settings just were gone again, right after adjusting and restarting to apply my modifications.

Edited by Soulflight
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am experiencing the same. Luckily, my settings are fairly simple (more or less all on "hard"), so regenerating it only takes me two minutes. Still, I don't like it.

Edited by qqwertzde

Hi Gents,

Same for me yesterday (2nd time in 2 months). Infinite loading, killing it, reload after PC restart, assistance settings reset to easy. 

Annoying.

MS Store version.

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

I have the MS Store version and as far as i know the settings a stored in:

WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1979569359-4143846022-3002017177-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs\

So i do make a backup of wgs folder just in case.

Give it a try.

greetz,

Bouwe

• Like 1

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

From https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2023/06/01/best-graphics-settings-guide/

Download the official graphics card driver for your GeForce or Radeon graphics card. Note that the GeForce Experience app changes the MSFS graphic settings without user notice, so always clean install the NVIDIA graphics driver without the GeForce Experience. Also, do not overclock the CPU or GPU, can cause random crash-to-desktop issues with MSFS.

WAT1460.png

9 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

From https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2023/06/01/best-graphics-settings-guide/

Download the official graphics card driver for your GeForce or Radeon graphics card. Note that the GeForce Experience app changes the MSFS graphic settings without user notice, so always clean install the NVIDIA graphics driver without the GeForce Experience. Also, do not overclock the CPU or GPU, can cause random crash-to-desktop issues with MSFS.

I think people above are talking about unwanted changes to their Assistance/Accesibility Settings and not about their graphics settings, but the avice about not using GeForce Experience for updating the drivers is still valuable.

I don't know if I'm just lucky, but I had almost zero issues related to these unwanted changes/deletions, so I would strongly recommend to anyone new in this sim to purchase the Steam instead of the MS Store version.

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I also had it, second time in the past 4 days, everything reverted to EASY in the assistance options. Other options remained the same.

• Upvote 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

2 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

I also had it, second time in the past 4 days, everything reverted to EASY in the assistance options. Other options remained the same.

Indeed exactly same issue here. Forgot to mention that (luckily) all other settings remain the same in my case too.

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

What's wrong with GeForce Experience?! I kinda like it. 
You can just disable GeForce Experience's ability to automatically optimize new games. 

(I'm running AMD now; but that's more because NVIDIA's prices have gone crazy)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

And... here I thought I was the only one suffering with unwanted changes to settings.  It has occurred several times in the last couple weeks.  

The only change that bothers me is suddenly ATC is squawking at me when all I want to do is fly a nice simple VFR plan far far away from Class B airspace.  And, I hate finding that all my vastly improved piloting skills are only there because automixture, rudder,...no crash detection is now set for EASY.

Annoying but not too hard to fix

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

It sounds like some case of desynchronization from the cloud. Do you leave the sim to desktop with the normal procedure (the bottom left « button ») or with Windows fast exit  ALT F4  ?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

28 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

It sounds like some case of desynchronization from the cloud. Do you leave the sim to desktop with the normal procedure (the bottom left « button ») or with Windows fast exit  ALT F4  ?

Hi Dominique,

Always bottom left button "quit to desktop". Agree on your point: looks a cloud sync issue to me: my installation is untouched since months (mandatory WU and SU only).

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

It happened to me a couple of times but long ago and if my memory serves me well, along with a sim upstate, also knowing that I have a not very reliable 4G  connexion. Network synchronization can be dicey  then…

What is weird though is that only the accessibility menus seem to be lost, not the controllers bindings.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

This has occurred as well for me on two occasions recently. Seems to have begun with the most recent update, for whatever reason. 
Rich

This has happened to me randomly for several months now. Started several updates ago. Again, very randomly.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---