Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Aircraft & Avionics Update 2 Beta Release Notes [1.33.7.0]

5 hours ago, Maxis said:

Now if we could get some high quality third party liveries on .to i can see this AC getting heavy rotation. WT is really turning the 787 into a gem. I think now is a good time to see if the AC can handle some RNP-AR approaches. 

It can. WT fixed the on approach logic in the last update so you can now set the missed approach alt while descending to minimums in lnav/vnav without capturing the altitude as you reset it. 

Edited by g-liner

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Thanks....I do what I can. 🙂    If you're going to the Flightsim Expo in Huston this month, you can actually attend a presentation I'm doing on Saturday regarding how to paint in MSFS (well....more like how to start a paint project with a tad of painting demo.  Can't teach much in 45 mins, LOL)

Hi Steve,

Boy, I wish I could go!...but the circumstances I'm in and it is not possible.  I am also taking special eye drops called (Ocervate for Neurotrophic Keratitis) issue I have on my Corina every two hours due to the complications  I'm in my third week of eight!...lol  What a pain in the you know what that is!...lol

Thanks for the offer though...much appreciated!

Edited by F1Fan

12 hours ago, Zangoose said:

Yeah there is very limited very good repaints for it - Not sure if that is because of the model itself and its difficult to create repaints for it or just the lack of interest before the AU update for it. 

There are still some mirroring issues with the model, including the Kuro 787-8 - an Asobo legacy from the 787-10 which they will need to fix, I assume.  However it is possible to adapt some liveries to accommodate those, and I am particularly pleased with the China Southern livery I have done for the 787-8!  

328528304_2026669504209235_6333761260350992490_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p851x315&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=dex7pLaNXkoAX-uO43k&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl4-1.fna&oh=00_AfBc59z3y2u6qkkm9eUfqhchaEYaXE8XpROTjxvhSDHv_g&oe=64858E9A

• Like 3

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

1 hour ago, ozzieblr said:

There are still some mirroring issues with the model, including the Kuro 787-8 - an Asobo legacy from the 787-10 which they will need to fix, I assume.  However it is possible to adapt some liveries to accommodate those, and I am particularly pleased with the China Southern livery I have done for the 787-8!  

328528304_2026669504209235_6333761260350992490_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p851x315&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=dex7pLaNXkoAX-uO43k&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl4-1.fna&oh=00_AfBc59z3y2u6qkkm9eUfqhchaEYaXE8XpROTjxvhSDHv_g&oe=64858E9A

Ah yes, I forgot about that mirroring issue. Just a reminder to people that we can upvote this thread to see if they will get it fixed: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/mirrored-textures-747-8-and-787-10/

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I think that this is more than just an avionics update. Flying from LEMD to LEPA (Both payware) in the FBW I'm pretty sure performance was better. Significantly better. And so we're the clouds. Much more contrast with proper black undersides to the threatening rain clouds. I got one brief white dot appearance and one white border but I can live with that. They have definitely added much more than just the avionics. It's going to be an excellent update.

EDIT ahh! White border is easy to cure. Switch off NANOVG for XML gauges.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

I think that this is more than just an avionics update. Flying from LEMD to LEPA (Both payware) in the FBW I'm pretty sure performance was better. Significantly better. And so we're the clouds. Much more contrast with proper black undersides to the threatening rain clouds. I got one brief white dot appearance and one white border but I can live with that. They have definitely added much more than just the avionics. It's going to be an excellent update.

Off to test your "switch off NANOVG". Not sure I have that turned on, but will find out

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

10 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Off to test your "switch off NANOVG". Not sure I have that turned on, but will find out

Be advised that NANOVG is now the default mode so you will probably have issues with other gauges in other planes if you disable it.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

Be advised that NANOVG is now the default mode so you will probably have issues with other gauges in other planes if you disable it.

So should it be off or on in the Experimental section of the options menu?

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

I switch it off for different reasons, but it keeps turning back on when I run MSFS 2020 again...for some reason, it just doesn't 'stick'.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

32 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

So should it be off or on in the Experimental section of the options menu?

The default is ON, and there are planes that use that mode in the gauges so I'd leave it ON. Unless you test with it OFF in the aircraft you fly and don't see any problem.

From the SDK:

• NanoVG Mode
    This option will change the way XML gauges are rendered by the simulation, switching from the windows GDi render engine to NanoVG, which is the default on Xbox. This option is included to permit you to test that your XML gauges render correctly when the package is installed on an Xbox, and - in general - you should see little difference between the two render formats. It is worth noting that in the future NanoVG will be the default renderer for both platforms (PC and Xbox), so it's worthwhile testing your gauges even if you are not planning on releasing a package for Xbox.

This was in the SDK some months ago when I checked, but I just checked again and it's still the same, but I believe the default is now ON.

Edited by Alvega
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

29 minutes ago, Alvega said:

The default is ON, and there are planes that use that mode in the gauges so I'd leave it ON. Unless you test with it OFF in the aircraft you fly and don't see any problem.

From the SDK:

This was in the SDK some months ago when I checked, but I just checked again and it's still the same, but I believe the default is now ON.

I guess Asobo need to sort this out. It shouldn't be in the Experimental menu if it's now default to have it switched on.

I checked mine (DX11) it was on, turned it off jumped back in cockpit, still had intermittant white spot and occasional outlines on Gps's, checked the setting again and it was back on. quit session and changed to DX12 restarted computer fired up MSFS. NanoVG was back on, turned it off, hit the cockpit and no whitespot and no outlines on GPS screens. As far as I know, NanoVG is still off.  Flying the Chancellor 414

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

@MattNischan

Taking a test flight from VEGT to VNKT doing the  RNAV RWY 20 approach via the RATAN Transition was one of those wow moments. The 787-10 tracked the approach beautifully. 

I only have two niggles to report. The Elevator was way out of trim when i disengaged the AP which required alot of trim correction to get back elevator control (which is very unnerving on short finals) and the AC couldn't quite meet the 250kts required at the initial fix of RATAN but i did note the FMC message that i needed to apply the speedbrakes shortly before busting the speed limits there. But overall once i got the energy managed the AC hit all the other restrictions very smoothly.

Very very well done.. Hats off to you and your team. These type of approaches is what make the sim interesting for me and its awesome that i can fly these approaches with this bird.

I wonder if the 748 can do the same.

Thanks again

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

On 6/8/2023 at 4:28 PM, jarmstro said:

I think that this is more than just an avionics update. Flying from LEMD to LEPA (Both payware) in the FBW I'm pretty sure performance was better. Significantly better. And so we're the clouds. Much more contrast with proper black undersides to the threatening rain clouds.

Yup, after several flights I have to agree with everything you observed.  Much better performance and better contrast with the clouds themselves and the ground shadowing from the clouds.  Very happy so far.  Having said that I've seen much better performance with lots of betas only for that boost to magically disappear on the full release! Fingers crossed though, this one is impressive currently, I hope it stays that way.

On 6/8/2023 at 2:00 AM, ozzieblr said:

There are still some mirroring issues with the model

Which wouldn't be an issue if people made liveries the way Asobo intended.