I am having good frame rates with Reverb G2 but the depiction is shaky? Is there any setting I am missing? I know the XR toolkit has a setting in it, I cant remember the name but has something to do with over compensating? Any Ideas?

Chris Chiozza

I've been seeing this as well lately.  Are you using AAU2 beta?  I thought it might be related to that.

Otherwise sometimes reducing settings smooths it out.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

32 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I've been seeing this as well lately.  Are you using AAU2 beta?  I thought it might be related to that.

Otherwise sometimes reducing settings smooths it out.

Yes AAU2 / same in non beta

Edited by cchiozza

Chris Chiozza

Try going in to Mixed Reality settings and under Environment click Clear.

If that doesn't help, in OXRTK go to the Inputs tab and adjust over prediction reduction down. I use -40%. Not do NOT do this step if you are using Motion Reprojection as the two settings mess with each other and cause wobbly visual artifacts.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

7 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

If that doesn't help, in OXRTK go to the Inputs tab and adjust over prediction reduction down. I use -40%. Not do NOT do this step if you are using Motion Reprojection as the two settings mess with each other and cause wobbly visual artifacts.

Thanks the reduction worked. Just wonder what causes it. 

Chris Chiozza

3 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

Just wonder what causes it.

I'm not sure but in Windows 11 at least, the G2 seems very prone to shakes and thankfully this OXRTK setting counters it very well.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I've been away for a couple of weeks.  Booted up (and no recent updates or updates on bootup) and the G2 cockpit view was all over the place!  Tried different aircraft but same result.  Checked the settings - and yes, you guessed it - the sim had kindly changed some of my VR graphics settings to beyond my system's capabilities.  I put them back to how I remember them and all was good again.  

When there are SO many settings and they are so system critical, it's not a helpful 'feature'... 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

I get the shaking with bassy sounds. The bass shakes the whole headset, and then the image shakes. Turning the volume down helps a bit. YMMV. 

1 hour ago, jpe828 said:

I get the shaking with bassy sounds. The bass shakes the whole headset, and then the image shakes. Turning the volume down helps a bit. YMMV. 

How are you getting the sound through headset?

Chris Chiozza

What do you mean? The speakers on the headset... when the engine is very bassy it seems to effect the cameras and make the image shake. I noticed this first in the 172 with the soundpack. When I mute, it went away.... In the Spitfire lately, it does it just a touch at certain power settings, but it makes the image look like the airframe is vibrating, much like real life so I don't mind it. 

Guest Andre
On 6/13/2023 at 12:41 AM, jpe828 said:

Man, THANK YOU! 

I have been pulling my hairs  for the past 2 years, wondering about that shaking source. It make the sim unbearable to me. I have strong VR legs, but the constant heavy shaking made me nauseous after a few minutes of flying. It also makes it difficult to interact with dials and read them.

I've looked through every forum posts, articles, video about optimisation etc. I've read about masking side cameras, clearing environment data, reducing graphics, etc. NOTHING did it. I've searched for a settings that would cause camera shake effect, nothing.

Until I read your post, fine gentleman. Well turns out it is simply the bass of the G2  headset speakers shaking the headset, and probably poor software in WMR that would overcompensate for those vibrations.

If I turn the volume all the way down, the shake completely disappears. Since I want sounds, this gives me the option to use in ears headphones or using open xr toolkit to reduce the vibrations while keeping the sound lower than I would usually use. 

I've thoroughly enjoyed the flight I did yesterday because of your helpful post. Thanks again ! 🙏

On 6/9/2023 at 12:11 AM, Reset XPDR said:

good evening,

this app (OXRTK) causes VR to CTD, so I had to uninstall it, is there an alternative way to achieve stable view in G2 reverb?

many thanks.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.