Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Good Lord...Massive Frame Drop then normal again

Hi, I have done a clean install on my Nvidia drivers with the latest version...Now IDK if its an issue with having any AI in the sim but for example if Im at KPHX (BMworld scenery) I have a nice locked frame of 30..it can go more like 45. I have my FSLTL set to just a setting of 2 for static planes only no live traffic since i use Vatsim. Now Vatsim would have 1 or 2 planes in the area. All would be fine and when trying out the different view and external views and is great and smooth...then all of a sudden like 5 min into the sim at the gate while I prep I look to my right side or it could be left or even external and my frames would drop to like 15, maybe 10 then wait a bit like 10 sec then 30 solid. this is random but its bugging the word not allowed out of me why its doing this. I have 2 monitors both different however both set to 60mhz. I tried Gsync on / off still happens. Tried unlocking my frames and using 100% monitor refresh. Yes its really smooth when panning but when taxiing and turning I do get these micro stutters that I don't get when I lock at 30, so I choose not to use 100% and revert to 50%. Now when it does happen, I have closed FSLTL and boom...back to 30. Anyone have any idea why I would have such a massive drop just like that. I will post my settings here too. If I think if anything else I will post here. My specs are in my signature also. Much appreciated!

MSFS settings:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1adMbc1yGv9NS7tXpJdwIIiuPhbrEO_VV?usp=sharing

Nvidia Settings:

Global:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zmr8yD5YfeHPAFqFwEJCKKaNjszZCifF?usp=sharing

MSFS:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IMrvvS3c-F5PgPzYrxah4xFPPcjfkjnc?usp=sharing

Thanks 

Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Did you try with FSLTL static planes set to zero just to make sure it's not the static planes causing the issue? I don't think it is, but that's what I would do just to be sure. Sometimes it loads the planes in nearby airports too, not just the one we are at.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I'll give that a shot and get back to this post. I know I have all the other settings on the config set fairly to short distances for that same reason. I also have it set to use AIG traffic that's priority. 

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Same thing was happening to me when looking around. When this occurred, my 2080 would go to 100 percent and frames down to 10. Then after about 30 seconds, back up to the low 40s. For me, it’s not happening any more after setter texture resolution from ultra to high. 

Thats good to hear.... in a way... that Im not the only one...I do have mine set to high instead of ultra also

Ok, tried with the FSLTL set with 0 IFR, 0 VFR and 0 Static...Vpilot was on in KPHX and there were 4 planes at the airport on Vatsim. All was good for most of the prep, then went external during pushback and frames went from 30 to 14.5...I went and shutdown FSLTL injector which I take it was really doing nothing since all was set to zero, then it jumped back to 30. Dont know if it was a coincidence since the drop only lasted like 7 seconds...but having a nice 30 to 14 really sucks,

I found that a great deal of this random for me.

But a part of me realized its also the area/photogrammry loading (when you look left/right), TLOD and LOD combined with panning....and traffic.

But not all the time which is the most frustrating when it dips pretty low. Below 10 etc. Most of the time its locked at 30.

I wonder if your CPU is throttling down?

Try turning off ALL traffic. Boats, cars, ground vehicles etc. (example: AIG will allow you to disable its ground vehicles).

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I can try to turn off all ground items. Mine is also set very very low as is.  Only my road traffic is set to 80%. I think I have planes on the ground to 0, airport traffic set to 5 or 10. Workers set to 5. I have a screen shot with my traffic settings on the first post. 

1 hour ago, Bill A said:

Ok, tried with the FSLTL set with 0 IFR, 0 VFR and 0 Static...Vpilot was on in KPHX and there were 4 planes at the airport on Vatsim. All was good for most of the prep, then went external during pushback and frames went from 30 to 14.5...I went and shutdown FSLTL injector which I take it was really doing nothing since all was set to zero, then it jumped back to 30. Dont know if it was a coincidence since the drop only lasted like 7 seconds...but having a nice 30 to 14 really sucks,

Did you also try with FSLTL disabled? I mean not opening it at all. Try with it disabled from the start (injector process not running). If you still have the issue we can exclude FSLTL as the culprit.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I'll try right from the start not to use the injector a see

48 minutes ago, Bill A said:

I'll try right from the start not to use the injector a see

That would help. I keep my boat, car, people and ground service traffic around 20 or less. It still looks good (despite the sim missing trains here or there) and the performance is good. The more AI of any kind + CPU usage. I noticed this on approach. When getting fairly near to a large city/urban area with a large airport (as you already know) the CPU has to load all these objects (again, you already know) but lessening the vehicle traffic made an impact. Looks like we have very similar settings despite the traffic sliders.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Ok, did a flight from KPHX (BMworld scenery) to KLAS (FlyTampa) ...did not use the FSLTL injector at all, didn't even launch it. Just used Vpilot...there was 1 other plane at KPHX at the time...the sim was running smooth and 30 frames...flight was smooth all the way to Vegas and there were 4 other planes there on Vatsim. Taxi as smooth too...launched GSX for debearding and when looking towards the right side of the planes wing view frames were at 23....then closed Vpilot from my other monitor and waited about 5 seconds and back to solid 30.

Now dont know for sure if its a random event where my PC just cant handle something...but seems like most people dont get these huge drops when there really is not much traffic happening. On another occasion I was looking forward at KPHX at the gate and there was no traffic at all anywhere and frames went from 30 to 25 then 23 and stayed there for a bit, changed to external and that did not help when to 15 there...went back to cockpit view and 30....WTH!!!

So it seems it's not FSLTL causing the issue. I would now try without GSX. 

Alvega

If it has been working fine in the past, then as a first step I'd delete the rolling cache. Made a big difference to mine....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron