Sign in to follow this  
Sonosusto

PMDG EFB

9 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

The DC6 tablet is fairly basic  though and doesn't communicate to external providers like Simbrief for example. Thats the reason they could do that quicky. 

Correct but basic options like opening doors etc shouldn't be shoved into the FMC.  I'd take what the DC6 has like Aerosoft's CRJ tablet than nothing at all until the more robust option is released.  You can't have a so called 'Study Level' presentation then shove options like that into the FMC. 

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Dillon said:

Correct but options like opening doors etc shouldn't be shoved into the FMC.  I'd take what the DC6 has like Aerosoft's CRJ tablet than nothing at all until the more robust option is released.  You can't have a so called 'Study Level' presentation then shove options like opening external doors in the FMC. 

No, because clearly real pilots use the EFB for that PMSL.....

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Since we're making wishes, I'd love to have the expected basics of nowadays (Simbrief integration) AND GSX integration like the FBW EFB does. So that payload and fuel are actually added inside the plane in real time as GSX fills it.

• Like 1

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

On a personal level, I love having to use the FMC for everything. It makes me feel that I am actually doing something that a real pilot would have done (note the past tense), rather than playing around with a fancy iPad.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

On a personal level, I love having to use the FMC for everything. It makes me feel that I am actually doing something that a real pilot would have done (note the past tense), rather than playing around with a fancy iPad.

I do like the way you can set up your (cargo) load and fuel through that, then call the fuel truck etc will admit I've never had an aircraft where that is done through the EFB.

All that said the system for the Chally beats that (even if it did take a long while for me to work out how to specify your passengers)...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

2 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

I use Foreflight (on an iPad Pro) every time  I fly in MSFS. I link to the sim’s aircraft position with XMapsy, and use it to display Navigraph charts, and my Simbrief flightplan. For me, a “simulated” EFB in the aircraft is completely unimportant, since I have the real thing in my hand. 

Thank you! I thought i was the only one! 🙂

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Oh no, another EFB thread. Unreal.

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

31 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Correct but basic options like opening doors etc shouldn't be shoved into the FMC.  I'd take what the DC6 has like Aerosoft's CRJ tablet than nothing at all until the more robust option is released.  You can't have a so called 'Study Level' presentation then shove options like that into the FMC. 

You don't control the doors in an EFB in the real world either so.... 

But yeah I don't really mind controlling the doors or other items like that within the FMC. That has never really bothered me. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Blame the guy who created it even when he was calling the old thread basically childish

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

They didn't shove them into the FMC, they programmed it into the FMC in an era when EFB's weren't a thing because it was the most obvious place to do it at the time, and then they just never changed it when everyone else did.  PMDG has to be dragged kicking and screaming into anything new that they do, despite claims of "complete rebuilds" for every new sim requiring us to buy the stuff again, (for even larger amounts of money) and they take forever.  Even still, it's not like it's that big a deal.  most of us have tablets, and there are simbrief and navigraph msfs apps for charts and plan info.  I would like to stop using topcat for perf calculations, but it works well enough as is.  

There is plenty of deserved criticism to be fair, even if some go way over the top (I applaud 737NG driver's post yesterday) PMDG (ok, mostly just RR) act like they are the second coming, yet somehow can't get anything new done in a reasonable time frame, while blaming everybody but themselves for the delay.  There is a reasonable space between blind worship of PMDG because they were the best in 2013, and obnoxious trolling that would be beneficial for the discussion to adopt.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Real world 737 operations do not allow flights operated by a single pilot. So, aircraft like the 737, A320 etc. are off the table from the get go for anyone who truly wants to truly adhere to real world fidelity. Besides that, you would have to be type-rated for the aircraft.

Sometimes I think people are cherry picking the realism items they want to call show stoppers while ignoring the long list of other things that make flying airliners in fs2020 not like real life. To each their own of course.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

You could easily ignore it, bud.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Like ignoring a grease spot on your new suit. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bigt said:

These threads, while always predicable, provide endless amounts of entertainment.

• Like 3

David Porrett

Seriously all I want is a takeoff and landing perf calculator on board. That's really basic stuff for a high-fidelity aircraft. Yes, the FMC shows vspeeds, but this is not all that's necessary, it will show vspeeds too when your MTOW limited for the runway lenght and temperature and airport elevation... which can end in disaster. The same, most obviously, is true for landing calculations.

Anything else is really not *necessary* for a safe flight, but should of course be standard these days (simbrief flightplan upload like Fenix or Maddog in primis).
But as for TO and landing calculations, people have every right to complain that these have not been available from day one.

(And yes, I know of virtual performance tool and am using it, but it costs as much as a navigraph subscription for 2 variants and has no data available at all or the -600 and -900)

• Upvote 1