Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

KONT Ontario International MSFS released

3 hours ago, Keirtt said:

I'll be the first to say I'm frustrated. The field looks great, the terminal looks great. Performance seems to be solid and I'll preface this by saying I own almost all of VerticalSims sceneries and have enjoyed all of them, but I very much dislike that the previews for this product show a full fleet of UPS aircraft, but only to find out they don't exist in the final product. The only static aircraft that exists are the FedEx feeders and a single PrimeAir. I'm not opposed to leaving out statics, but make it clear in your description that it doesn't include them. The dev used FSLTL to stage aircraft as though they existed in the product. I've read the feature list over and over and there is nothing that clearly defines they don't exist. I'm not here to riot or shame the dev, but I expect a clear description or allow us the ability to turn them on/off.

What you see in the preview vs. what you actually get.

spacer.png

You have a point. While I dislike statics, devs should make clear if they are available with the scenery or not, especially when showing aircraft on the preview pictures. That said, I've seen at least 100 airports that use AIG or FSLTL models on their previews and have no statics on the airport... actually it's the most common pattern these days.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SavageSceneries over at flightsim.to makes static AI files for most of the payware USA airports. They use AIG models and they look amazing. Just use that, it’s free and there is no FPS because it doesn’t require any AI to actually be running. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

Otherwise I'd rather use 3rd party.  Nothing worse than ugly looking statics.

👍 
[Looks disapprovingly in the direction of FlyTampa regarding their 'feature']

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Why wouldnt you like statics?  Seems to be a good compromise from frame killing AI software which I have no interest in.

More statics and less AI = more performace and less baloney IMO.

sp

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Why wouldnt you like statics?  Seems to be a good compromise from frame killing AI software which I have no interest in.

More statics and less AI = more performace and less baloney IMO.

sp

well said ! Rocco has been kind enough to populate our airports with FSLTL static aircraft. Works great and no baloney AI. Buy him a coffee.

Edited by LEFTSEAT
  • Like 3

I will wait to see what transpires with the nearby speedway.  That has been my only draw for KONT since retiring east.  When I fly to Socal I fly to KSNA, which I lived nearby in Irvine and flew out of JW/Orange County on business for 15 years.  Always on United so I could listen to channel 9, live flight to ATC communications.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Great news !

Ontario was one of the most anticipated on my list of 'must to have' airports. Thank you for the announcement

I would like to get this, but would prefer to buy it via ORBX. No sign yet over there, though.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I would like to get this, but would prefer to buy it via ORBX. No sign yet over there, though.

Kind regards, Michael

Out of curiosity, do you only buy if it’s on Orbx? What about Contrail or iniBuilds Manager? These are my 3 go to for scenery.

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

13 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Out of curiosity, do you only buy if it’s on Orbx? What about Contrail or iniBuilds Manager? These are my 3 go to for scenery.

No. I have Contrail and iniBuilds Manager, as well. But personally, I find ORBX most easy to manage. YMMV, of course. If it will not show up on ORBX the next days I'll get it via Contrail, probably.

(And as a little rant: I now collected 10 or so of those little helpers, every one with its pros and cons, but would find live easier with just one of them.)

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

13 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

• Like 1