Sign in to follow this  
Velotrexx

CowanSim 222B - Hat Switch Viewing Issues

I'm a little ticked-off. I purchased the 222B from the "sim market" excited to fly only to find out that cockpit views are all messed up, I'm using my T.16000M hat-switch.  I do not have this issue with any other plane in the simulator using a hat-switch for views. Also, when loading the heli from the world map, it puts me outside the helicopter not in the cockpit. -  

Edited by Velotrexx

Perhaps you should have taken a big breath before you posted.  It's clearly working for others so it's not the helicopter.  I get it's frustrating when something doesn't work right though.  What happens if you bind a key that places you back in the cockpit?  This is what I do on all my addons so I can switch between external and interior views.

Also, you can try support from the developer directly (I recommend not saying your opinion that the product is garbage if you want support):  https://cowansim.com/contact/

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Definitely ur post title do not correspond with the problem - u shouldn't use such strong words unless u have really strong evidence to support ur claim. 

Artur 

13 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Perhaps you should have taken a big breath before you posted.  It's clearly working for others so it's not the helicopter.  I get it's frustrating when something doesn't work right though.  What happens if you bind a key that places you back in the cockpit?  This is what I do on all my addons so I can switch between external and interior views.

Also, you can try support from the developer directly (I recommend not saying your opinion that the product is garbage if you want support):  https://cowansim.com/contact/

I'm sorry, but buy something and pay good money for it, I expect it to work just like I bought other items form from. a market.  have tried everything that I know as to binding, but nothing is fixing the issue.

I've been flying the 222 since it came out. I have not seen your problems, I find it far from "Garbage". The only problem I have with it - after a long flight the flight model can sometimes get a bit flaky.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Just now, Velotrexx said:

I'm sorry, but buy something and pay good money for it, I expect it to work just like I bought other items form from. a market.  have tried everything that I know as to binding, but nothing is fixing the issue.

I'm not going to be a liberal about it, I paid money I expect it to work period!

Just now, Velotrexx said:

In my experience with flightsim addons over the years, strange issues can come up from time to time.  It's not like buying an xbox addon where millions of users have the same exact hardware.

Have you contacted the developer?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

27 minutes ago, Velotrexx said:

I'm not going to be a liberal about it, I paid money I expect it to work period!

One would hope you contacted the devs and they told you to go kick rocks which would then validate the need for you to put them on blast like this ?

Edit .. I see you moderated your topic title... Now that looks more appropriate.. The question regarding contacting dev support still stands though.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

28 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

In my experience with flightsim addons over the years, strange issues can come up from time to time.  It's not like buying an xbox addon where millions of users have the same exact hardware.

Have you contacted the developer?

I just did 

3 minutes ago, Maxis said:

One would hope you contacted the devs and they told you to go kick rocks which would then validate the need for you to put them on blast like this ?

Edit .. I see you moderated your topic title... Now that looks more appropriate.. The question regarding contacting dev support still stands though.

Yes I did change the description, I was a little hot about this 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

bind a key that places you back in the cockpit?  This is what I do on all my addons so I can switch between external and interior views.

I simply press the INS key to switch between internal and external views, no binding required.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I bought it on day one and noticed that the cockpit instrument views fwere wrong (aka messed up) upon release and the only problem with the default cockpit view was that the pilot's eyepoint was a bit off-center.  Didn't have any problems with switching from inside/outside views.  If using a Tobii eye tracker it seems to be normal that your cockpit view will be incorrect at the start ()with any aircraft) until you press the hotkey or button assignment to center your head tracking device. 

Anyway, I created a corrected camera.cfg file to provide a much improved pilot's eyepoint and useable instrument views, it's available for download at flightsim.to and I gave permission to the developer to use it in the next planned update for the bird after he PM'd and asked me.   I pan on fixing the external views as well but haven't had time yet due to working on a large helicopter-specific scenery project that I believe most rotorheads will get a kick out of.

So hopefully this info should get you fixed up.  Flightsim.to is under maintenance right at the moment and not accessible so I can't post a link. 

Edit:  Here y'go:

https://flightsim.to/file/55438/improved-cockpit-views-for-cowansim-bell-222b

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

16 hours ago, Stoopy said:

I bought it on day one and noticed that the cockpit instrument views fwere wrong (aka messed up) upon release and the only problem with the default cockpit view was that the pilot's eyepoint was a bit off-center.  Didn't have any problems with switching from inside/outside views.  If using a Tobii eye tracker it seems to be normal that your cockpit view will be incorrect at the start ()with any aircraft) until you press the hotkey or button assignment to center your head tracking device. 

Anyway, I created a corrected camera.cfg file to provide a much improved pilot's eyepoint and useable instrument views, it's available for download at flightsim.to and I gave permission to the developer to use it in the next planned update for the bird after he PM'd and asked me.   I pan on fixing the external views as well but haven't had time yet due to working on a large helicopter-specific scenery project that I believe most rotorheads will get a kick out of.

So hopefully this info should get you fixed up.  Flightsim.to is under maintenance right at the moment and not accessible so I can't post a link. 

Edit:  Here y'go:

https://flightsim.to/file/55438/improved-cockpit-views-for-cowansim-bell-222b

Thank you, unfortunately, I can't get the views to work properly. I completely erased all the view bindings from the keyboard, throttle quadrant, and joystick to start fresh. At which point I resigned the Quick View Right - to the hat button on the joystick and Quick View Left to the hat button on the joystick. - To no avail, when I click the button to the right, it will take me to the outside view. I've tried everything I could think of and nothing fixes the issue. The kicker is it works fine with my Tobii eye tracker without any issues. 

What I don't get is I have no such issues with any of my aircraft in MSFS

The last new from Cowan to implement the Autopilot was that they were waiting the implementation from MSFS, is still the same?

8 hours ago, Velotrexx said:

Thank you, unfortunately, I can't get the views to work properly. I completely erased all the view bindings from the keyboard, throttle quadrant, and joystick to start fresh. At which point I resigned the Quick View Right - to the hat button on the joystick and Quick View Left to the hat button on the joystick. - To no avail, when I click the button to the right, it will take me to the outside view. I've tried everything I could think of and nothing fixes the issue. The kicker is it works fine with my Tobii eye tracker without any issues. 

What I don't get is I have no such issues with any of my aircraft in MSFS

In addition to Instrument views (which are a different view set and hotkey), the Quickviews were apparently also incorrect, but I did not correct them in my mod as I just don't use Quickviews, sorry.  Guess I'll have to take a look at that and see what all the hoopla is about with Quickviews.

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!