Sign in to follow this  
npj

MCE and FBW A320MCDU KEY PRESSES

Hi,

I am new to MCE and am trying to create flows for the MCDU.  I go into VoxScript Input and find the MCDU commands, such as 'left cdu press prog page' but when I press test the FO confirms the action but the key press doesn't happen i.e. the MCDU does not change atall.

I have programmed via SPAD.next for throttle quadrant and radio / switch panels but it doesn't make a difference if this is running or not.

I realise that the FBW A320 is evolving and changing regularly and wondered if anyone had the MCDU key presses by the FO working?  If so, how?

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Nick.

Will be looked at.

You never know with th Flybywire. They change their Lvars on a whim.

For instance the IRS knobs Lvars have changed at least 5 times since it was first released. A nightmare to keep up with.

One time it works, two months later it doesn't and you have to re-adjust MCE to it.

SPAD not required.

20 hours ago, npj said:

Hi,

I am new to MCE and am trying to create flows for the MCDU.  I go into VoxScript Input and find the MCDU commands, such as 'left cdu press prog page' but when I press test the FO confirms the action but the key press doesn't happen i.e. the MCDU does not change atall.

I have programmed via SPAD.next for throttle quadrant and radio / switch panels but it doesn't make a difference if this is running or not.

I realise that the FBW A320 is evolving and changing regularly and wondered if anyone had the MCDU key presses by the FO working?  If so, how?

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Nick.

It may have to do with changes that were made a few months ago.

I suggest...

Un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel

Do not delete anything manually.

Download the very latest Demo: http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Extract and run "InstallMCE".

Report back regarding the issue with controlling FMC-CDU items via voice.

Many thanks for the swift response.  I will have some time later today and will look forward to giving that a try.

I'll report back accordingly.

Cheers,

Nick

Hi,

I can't download from your website as it is appearing as 'not secure' in the address bar.  I have changed anti-virus, firewall settings, internet settings etc. but to no avail.

Any suggestions please?

Cheers,

Nick

10 hours ago, npj said:

Hi,

I can't download from your website as it is appearing as 'not secure' in the address bar.  I have changed anti-virus, firewall settings, internet settings etc. but to no avail.

Any suggestions please?

Cheers,

Nick

The package has been withdrawn yesterday due to an issue with a specific file.

A new one should be uploaded today. Will let you know when it's ready. Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

That hasn't worked regarding FBW and MCDU key presses.  Not a huge issue, but would be nice to have.

Also, the downloaded file is 3.0.3.9 according to trying to connect window.  I have also found it difficult to get past 'trying to connect to simulator' too.  Although I have open now and running, it was only because I clicked on the 'trying to connect to simulator' window, which I presume closed the MCE process because it disappeared, and then when I tried again it worked.  This was after a second uninstall of the version I downloaded from the website today.  I have been loading the simulator with the aircraft I finished the last session with and waiting for it to fully load before trying MCE.  I tried replacing the TTS voices as per advice to another user in the forum, but I can't change to mce.ini because I can't see it in the installation folder.  It didn't work.  The version number disappears from the window after a minute or so of trying to connect.

I haven't installed to standard installation path on 'C', rather to a solid state drive 'D'.

The Fenix is fine for MCDU key presses, if that is any relevance.  

Any thoughts on loading issues would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick.

21 hours ago, npj said:

Hi,

That hasn't worked regarding FBW and MCDU key presses.  Not a huge issue, but would be nice to have.

Also, the downloaded file is 3.0.3.9 according to trying to connect window.  I have also found it difficult to get past 'trying to connect to simulator' too.  Although I have open now and running, it was only because I clicked on the 'trying to connect to simulator' window, which I presume closed the MCE process because it disappeared, and then when I tried again it worked.  This was after a second uninstall of the version I downloaded from the website today.  I have been loading the simulator with the aircraft I finished the last session with and waiting for it to fully load before trying MCE.  I tried replacing the TTS voices as per advice to another user in the forum, but I can't change to mce.ini because I can't see it in the installation folder.  It didn't work.  The version number disappears from the window after a minute or so of trying to connect.

I haven't installed to standard installation path on 'C', rather to a solid state drive 'D'.

The Fenix is fine for MCDU key presses, if that is any relevance.  

Any thoughts on loading issues would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick.

There was somew issue with previously uploaded package. Please re-download. This one should be good.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Sorry about that