Sign in to follow this  
Manny

RealAir: are you reading this?

The SF260 is my favorite FS-plane. However, I never made a secret of the fact that I think the VC looks a bot too clean. What I really missed were some 3D effects, like little shadows and so on: that's why I made am edit of it, which is downloadble on Avsim.http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...&ImageID=169068Now in another topic Phil Taylor said this about the VC-shadows in the upcoming SP2/DX10 patch:"Given what I said about DX9 being the main codepath, I dont believe there will be a real issue for 3rd parties re DX10. Re-exporting the aircraft model using the SP2 SDK with the "vc shadows" choice checked gets that feature, and it doesnt hurt anything under DX9. But that is really the only authoring choice there is for DX10. So wrt DX10 this is much ado about nothing.Senior PM, Graphics and TerrainAces Studio, MGS"Now I really believe these shadows will completely change the SF260-experience, specially since the SF260-vc is completely 3D! So... do you plan to do as Phil said: simply re-export the model with the vc shadows choice checked? Will you? Please? Please please please? PLEASE?!? ;)

Hi,As soon as we know that Sp2 is running with stability and there are no issues with it, I expect we will take advantage of what it offers, and if you look at the nearly six years history of the SF260 you will know that we have constantly updated it since the original FS2002 release, and will continue to do so.Best Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Wow, cool! And thanks for the mighty quick reaction! I have to say I purchased my SF260 this year, for FSX, and I haven't really investigated the six preceding years... ;) However, I did know support was awesome and I am glad the SP2/DX10 patch will at least give me one thing (...) to be happy about. ;)

And thanks Rob. But if you think, its going to slow down your twin engine aircraft... don't bother with this.Hee hee!Just kidding!;)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter