Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Acceleration: Winch on helicopter.

When using the winch on the helicopter will we be able to fly to point A, pick up object X, fly to point B, drop-off object X (completely detach from it), then fly-off into the sunset, with object X remaining where it was placed?Cheers,Jim

It's probably only available for use in the missions. Though it would be fun to pick up a taxiing AI 172 and drop it somewhere...

Guest jbrians

Yes, you will. However pick-up-able objects only exist as parts of missions currently. Several of the missions in Acceleration require you to do just that.

>......>>Though it would be fun to pick up a taxiing AI 172 and drop it>somewhere...ROFLMAO!... That cracked me up! :)Very creative. and yes, that would be fun to carefully place that 172 over a 747 thats taking off. So...agree!Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Calb

Let me expand a bit.First, the EH-101 has *both* sling load and rescue winch capability. The slingload line is a fixed length but the winch can (as you would expect) be lowered and raised as the situation demands. As a matter of fact, you can have a person on the hoist and have a sling load attached to the sling cable at the same time.*Any* sling load can be picked up and put where ever you want. Same goes for the hoist. If you want, after putting an object somewhere, you can go back, re-attach, and move it somewhere else, as many times as you want.Some missions have one object, some have multiple objects. One has 6 sling load objects and 1 hoist object. Only 2 sling loads and the hoist load are used in the mission objective but the other 4 objects can be picked up and moved around for practice. And, no, they don't stay there permanently. Ultimately, liftable scenery objects will be produced by addon designers that can be used outside missions.Another feature -- sling loads are of varying weights and they noticeably affect the handling of the helicopter. Also, these loads will swing (quite realistically) when mishandled. The swing also affects the helicopter handling and if the swing becomes to great, the line will snap. One load, a large propane tank, will explode if dropped from a great enough height.Anyone who has *really* developed the ability to hover helicopters will really appreciate these missions.Cal BoothHoverSafe Academy

Cal,About those aircraft carriers. Is there a way to place these carriers anywhere we want. Like just off the coast of San Diego or some place that I choose? and if so, Can I place more than 1?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Calb

Manny,There's no way for the user to simply rearrange objects to their liking. The carriers are currently only in missions.I spent all my time testing so I haven't looked into mission and/or object creation but it's my understanding that's how it needs to be done. Either a predefined object is placed at a location specified in a mission or one can be placed in the scenery. I'm in over my head here so hopefully someone with more knowledge of the process will comment.Cal

Cant we just do touch and goes on the carrier at will? We dont have to complete missions to land on the carrier hopefully. I just want to take off, fly around and then do touch and goes.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

"Anyone who has *really* developed the ability to hover helicopters will really appreciate these missions."I am one of those people and, believe me, I do appreciate the fact that we are going to get another heli and more missions for them. I can't wait!!!! I would love to see a Eurocopter AS-350 B3 in the next FS. Or any Eurocopter come to think of it... ;-)

Guest Stoopy

I'm going to irresponsibly speculate :) that given time, someone may find a way to get the working carriers into the default scenery as a BGL file...the reason I say this is because it's already been done with the current FSX moving carrier(s). Right now with it, you can do all the touch'n'goes you want, just no traps or cat launches.Since the X-Pack addition is just enhancement to the existing carrier's functionality, maybe just installing XPack and the carrier BGL that Lamont Clark has in the AvSim library would be all that's needed to get the full functionality outside of missions. See his download here, it works wonderfully and comes with a Google Earth KLM file help find 'em:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...misc&DLID=96551

Guest Cell

The carriers are available outside of the mission with Acceleleration stock.Not going to spoil things as it's a bit of an easter egg. So thats all I will way on this matter.The only thing that needs sorting out is carriers in MP. Still trying to get my head round this part :)

Guest Calb

Well, the next FS is (probably) at least 24 months away and the EH-101 (as with the R-22) need some "fixin", as you'll soon discover. I'd sooner have them fixed than introduce a new one. Actually, I can't think of a helicopter, other than a gunship (not likely), that is radically different from the 3 we now have. Each fills a niche. Possible exceptions might be the Kamov KA-32 or Mil Mi-26. You'll have to rely on developers.Believe me, your hovering ability will will severely tested.BTW, the EH-101 comes in 13 delicious flavors.Cal

Guest Calb

I just completed a touch and go on the carrier. Works fine. I think all you gotta do is (as expected), leave the hook up.I don't think there's any mission that has to be completed per se. I have used one of the EH-101 missions for hours at a time without ever completing it, experimenting with sling loads.Cal

One day I will get enough posts up here to be part of the FS-anything beta team ;-)Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I seem to recall that during the beta, someone managed to get the new XPack carrier to load in as an AI water craft running on a schedule, but I can't remember if they said the carrier was fully working (with steam cats, meatball, etc).Another beta tester (actually, might have been the same one, can't recall), got the carrier working as a "user flyable" aircraft, and then flew it in MP and acted as the carrier for others to land on.These weren't things we planned for the carrier to do, but that's never stopped you guys before :->I haven't actualy tried the carrier ops myself yet, but the FA18 is a lot of fun to fly, although I'm sure I'm doing it wrong :->