Sign in to follow this  
awralls

VoxScript Question

Hi, I've created a simple VS to carry out the handoff  to the AP on climbout with one command rather than the several it would take if it was carried out using conventional commands. I have the FO turning on the AP, turning on heading hold, turning on altitude hold. All of that works fine. What I then added was 'set altitude five thousand' followed by 'set vertical speed up 1000'. These two commands are never actioned as part of the script, although they still work if just spoken straight after the VS is called.

The purpose of this is to get the aircraft in a stable climb while I sort out throttle and prop settings since there's only one of me (aircraft is the A2A B-377 in FSX - colour me old fashioned…) Just turning on alt hold levels the aircraft out with a concommitant speed increase I'm trying to avoid.

So, after all that lengthy twoddle, simple question….is there anyway to build the climb instructions into a VoxScript file?

Andy

39 minutes ago, awralls said:

Hi, I've created a simple VS to carry out the handoff  to the AP on climbout with one command rather than the several it would take if it was carried out using conventional commands. I have the FO turning on the AP, turning on heading hold, turning on altitude hold. All of that works fine. What I then added was 'set altitude five thousand' followed by 'set vertical speed up 1000'. These two commands are never actioned as part of the script, although they still work if just spoken straight after the VS is called.

The purpose of this is to get the aircraft in a stable climb while I sort out throttle and prop settings since there's only one of me (aircraft is the A2A B-377 in FSX - colour me old fashioned…) Just turning on alt hold levels the aircraft out with a concommitant speed increase I'm trying to avoid.

So, after all that lengthy twoddle, simple question….is there anyway to build the climb instructions into a VoxScript file?

Andy

You cannot script commands related to dialing stuff like "set speed 250".

Only exceptions..

"Bug up" which sets a specific speed in MCP

"set speed v two"

"set Flaps XX" (flaps detents can be scripted)