Sign in to follow this  
tup61

What I hate about MSFS 2024...

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

I think the biggest surprise for most of us is the announcement about a new MS/Asobo standalone flight simulator at a time people are still waiting for pending improvements of the current MSFS2020. All the rest (forward compatibility, update policy if any, continuous development of the current simulator, etc.) are reasonnable points to be concerned about, but it seems we all will have some time to have our own conclusions.

Can you show me a single flight simulator, game or software package in general where people are not "still waiting for pending improvements"?  If every product has to be deemed perfect by the majority of users before a newer version of that product is ever announced/released - we will never have any new software or products.  I am neither surprised nor disappointed by Asobo's announcement of MSFS2024.  Of course, a year-ish from now when 2024 is released, I may very well be disappointed by what the new version of MSFS offers (or fails to offer).  As long as the majority of 3rd party mods continue to work in newer versions, it wouldn't bother me if I had to purchase a new version of MSFS every year or 2 in order to stay current.  I get thousands of hours of enjoyment from this sim, so a yearly "subscription/upgrade" fee of $100 (or whatever it is) isn't going to ruin my hobby.  My only true fear is MSFS2024 will be a downgrade from MSFS2020 - just as some of the sim updates have been...

• Like 1

You know what, guys? What I LOVE about MSFS 2024 ... the users of "the other sim" were always called "negative, toxic, whatnot, ...", whereas the users of MSFS as "friendly, open minded, whatnot, ...".

Thanks for "evidence completed" 😀.

• Upvote 3

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

Maybe AVSIM would be so kind to open a dedicated MSFS 2024 forum

You're right. There are loads of MSFS2024 speculation threads drowning out relevant threads to MSFS2020.

It's time for a new sub-forum, as requested yesterday.

Perhaps more people can reach out to Bob and ask for a split. From prior experience, we've seen that trying to get people to add tags to thread topics to try and differentiate between sim versions doesn't work.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

While  understand your point Tup, I think it misses the main one...  There are still a number of issues in MSFS2020 to be resolved, so when MS launch 2024, will they and Asobo continue to address these issues, or will they slow down or stop to concentrate on 2024, as I cant see them running two parallel development teams. 

I fully understand there is no bug-free software as such. I am even prepared 😉 for new bugs unavoidably creeping into FS2024. That's development.

However, I am not willing to accept year-old and well-known issues to be transferred to the new version. We will see to which extend this will happen, but the visible horizon line in the trailer is a red warning sign for me. They better resolve this before release.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Moaning about how all we're doing is talking about this one thing, by making a new post and continuing to talk about that one thing, is a little ironic, but yeah -- a dedicated 2024 forum isn't a bad idea. 

3 hours ago, tup61 said:

But sorry, now I am starting to do what I just said I hated about MSFS 2024 LOL

Maybe AVSIM would be so kind to open a dedicated MSFS 2024 forum so we won't have to deal with all that word not allowed and we can simply enjoy and talk about the sim we DO have at this moment...? TIA. Very much appreciated. 😉

You should have started writing "what I hate about people" because MSFS2024 hasn't been released yet LOL

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

It's way too early to consider a separate forum for MSFS 2024.  Every time a new major sim version releases, I get a flurry of folks asking that a separate forum be created.  P3Dv3 -> P3Dv4 -> P3Dv5, XPlane11 -> XPlane 12 etc.  We have, historically, been resistant to forum proliferation, and that has not changed.

Truth be told, in all these cases, there has been (and remains) a great deal of commonality with issues that makes them relevant to multiple sim versions.  We do have a tag system that allows people to flag a thread as being version-specific.  It doesn't work if you don't use it.

So until and unless we see that Simzilla-Next is somehow tremendously, vastly different to Simzilla-Now, we're going to hold pat with a single MSFS forum.  I trust that the average AVSIM user is more than capable of skipping MSFS 2024 threads if they're not interested in the topic.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

It's way too early to consider a separate forum for MSFS 2024.  Every time a new major sim version releases, I get a flurry of folks asking that a separate forum be created.  P3Dv3 -> P3Dv4 -> P3Dv5, XPlane11 -> XPlane 12 etc.  We have, historically, been resistant to forum proliferation, and that has not changed.

Truth be told, in all these cases, there has been (and remains) a great deal of commonality with issues that makes them relevant to multiple sim versions.  We do have a tag system that allows people to flag a thread as being version-specific.  It doesn't work if you don't use it.

So until and unless we see that Simzilla-Next is somehow tremendously, vastly different to Simzilla-Now, we're going to hold pat with a single MSFS forum.  I trust that the average AVSIM user is more than capable of skipping MSFS 2024 threads if they're not interested in the topic.

Then maybe at least rename the section from Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) to Microsoft Flight Simulator ?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Maybe those passionate about discussing MS2024 can take over the Flight (2012) forum. Surely to god nobody else posts there anymore. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I do not see the use of a dedicated sub really. Threads are  excellent tools to separate topics.  And from what we know, FS24 will not be vastly different from  FS20.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I suppose after another day or two of venting/postulating/speculating/moaning everyone will get bored of the subject and move on. And of course, other forums are available in the meantime. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Next,  they will be asking for a new forum every time a MSFS  update is released. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

It is just insane to see the magnitude of responses from a sim that has not been released. Social media influence at its best! 

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

2 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Maybe those passionate about discussing MS2024 can take over the Flight (2012) forum. Surely to god nobody else posts there anymore. 

Well... I can think of some other forums around here too which could desperately use some activity... <ducks>

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

I suppose after another day or two of venting/postulating/speculating/moaning everyone will get bored of the subject and move on. And of course, other forums are available in the meantime. 

I really hope so. 

Meaningful development continues on the PRESENT SIM and somehow i feel the buzz from the upcoming upgrade of actually having a decent simulation of a 787/747 vs the models with no real avionic systems to speak of when fs2020 was released is getting overlooked for wild speculation about how FS2020  is going to get abandoned and what not in 2024. Its ok to have mild concern however i don't think it would be unreasonable to give some space to MS/ASOBO for them to flesh out the details of how this is all going to work. Which they started to do with the posting of the FAQ

In the meantime.. Enjoy the development going on right now. Most of your stuff you purchased is going to work and if you have edge cases that don't im sure it will get looked at.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders