Sign in to follow this  
viz

RTM Magic Screenie Comparison

Guest Mike707

Mango at FlightSim World might try to post a screenshot of the famous magic screenie (lake and mountains) in the RTM version to see how the RTM version stacks up against the magic screenie. However, he does not know what part of the world that represents. Question for all; does anyone know the location that the magic screenie represents so he can provide a comparison screenshot? If someone knows, I can let him know so we can all see the results. Thanks.

It's either pyramid or crater lake if i remember the microsoft guy say in the early fsx videos hyping up dx10 (which we all know now was utter BS)________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Not a single bit of difference between those magic shots in dx9 or dx10. I noticed ZERO difference. A year for this? DX10 enhancements = myth. It's no wonder people get angry with MS for their marketing ploys and then get disappointed after the lies are found out. To say I am disappointed with those comparison screenshots would be an understatement since I purchased my 8800 and vista specifically for fsx and the dx10 patch which is already 6 months late. Grrr...

Guest Cell

Dave,You notice the Dx10 content when the sim is moving, it doesn't do it justice from a screen shot. And besides, that view doesn't shows the cockpit shadows which had been introduced with DX10, or the white tops to the waves, or the improved frames rates or HDR bloom.

OK Cell. Thanks for the positive outlook. I am just disappointed that there are no atmospheric effects as promised after all the delays for the dx10 patch and the money that I spent getting ready for it. Vendors not supporting the sim i.e. my favorite aircraft and scenery still not working in fsx. Man this waiting game is frustrating. All these delays and unfulfilled promises are just not what I was expecting out of this sim a year later.

Looking closely at the side by side comparison between DX10 and the Magic Screenie...other than the "photoshop" water effect and the "godrays", its really rather close. I am sure using FEX water the comparision will narrow further still. Its important to notice that the comparison is not perfect as the time of day is different and the available light on the DX10 shot is significantly less than the artist rendition...perhaps different season as well.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Good idea. That, in conjuction with locking threads you'll be able to get a pretty consistent opinion about FSX and a single, positive viewpoint.

I think these shots show how simulating the world with data driven textures will never quite make it when compared to the real shot. The colors, tree lines, snow patterns can never quite match reality. I hope that imagery from sources like google/microsoft/yahoo can be overlayed with lighting and water effects in the future.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Agreed Geofa.Re WOZ

>Good idea. That, in conjuction with locking threads you'll be>able to get a pretty consistent opinion about FSX and a>single, positive viewpoint. Nicely put. Senator you need to ease off a bit.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Yeah Geofa. Google earth type overlay scenery is definitely the future for fs11 and beyond. Megascenery is putting out some amazing products, albeit very slowly. I wish others would follow suit.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Oh they know there are people with a negative viewpoint. They just don't want you to remind them about it. The FS-X forum is this happy place where all is well and any problem you might percieve is caused by yourself or your slow computer.In all fairnes. At the moment it doesn't look like there's any game out that makes large improvements or performance leaps in the DX10 datapath.http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/The_St...y__Performance/

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg