Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dan G Martin

UTX Canada - It's Out !!!!!!

Guest UlfB

Thanks for the heads up! Downloading right now :-)Ulf B

Yeah baby, now I get B.C. (and Alaska?) in all its FSGenesis glory with accurate towns and coastlines with FEX skys.Time to fly!

Unless I missed it Alaska is not mentioned. It is included in the FS9 version. ????Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi Dick,Alaska follows the Europe release. It wasn't included in the UTX-Canada product.Regards,Jim Karn

Could those who installed it comment on how it effects frame rate?This question is just for the lucky few who have RTM Acceleration...Will Acceleration/SP2 install cleanly if UTX Canada is installed first?

Acceleration/sp2 installed fine with utx usa so I assume it would with canada.I haven't had time to play with it since installing but I would assume it would be the same on performance as usa depending on what features you enable.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>Could those who installed it comment on how it effects frame>rate?>>This question is just for the lucky few who have RTM>Acceleration...>Will Acceleration/SP2 install cleanly if UTX Canada is>installed first?>> Well, if you activate everything in the UT setup, you WILL loose about 30-40%;( This is with 38% traffic from Mytraffic X; whithout UTX i can use75% traffic with only a 20% fps loss from 38% so i will have to experiment and delete features in UTX :) Mind you, in Canada it is not a problem, it is more in places like LAor NY that i am missing some fps, hopefully SP2 will bring back some!:9

FPS for UTX Canada or USA are very dependent on location and aircraft not to mention car traffic level etc.... There's obviously a hit when going from default scenery but it all depends on so many things.Just flew a flight in the northwest territories with near max settings and in the DA Dornier, locked at 25 without dropping, needless to say this area doesn't have much but it was a great flight.Need to test the larger cities though of course. Now just waiting for Alaska and Acceleration.

I've got 150MB left on the DL. Then it's flying time. (Lousy slow cable connection.)But I'm very bummed out that Alaska is not included, it was on the FS9 version. Now I won't have that gorgeous whole west coast of B.C. to Alaska. That's the best place to fly in FS. Bad idea not to include it. Also, I'm not sure how far north UTX-Canada goes. The FS9 version stopped well short of our northern border so we didn't get those incredible artic islands in UT detail. Double bummer.Oh well, I'll just have to placate myself flying my fave flight from Stewart to Bella Coola with UTX-Canada and FEX in snowy weather. That's going to be great!(Oh, at least we FS9 UT-Canada/Alaska users get 20% off UTX-Canada. Between the coupons for FEX and this, I'm saving about $20. and $20 is $20.)

One reason why Alaska was not included:Alaska is a very unique area. So special effort is being put in to Alaska with unique features, and extreme detail. The development methods for Alaska are similar, but some great things will be in the Alaska version.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software