Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dan G Martin

UTX Canada - It's Out !!!!!!

Thanks Steve.I asked this same question at your forum site, if you don't mind I will quote the answer here as it is a detailed one."Canada is it's own product now for 2 reasons:(1) DMTI Spatial provided the data for all of Canada now. If we added Alaska, we would have to also pay another data provider for the Alaska portion, because DMTI only covers Canada. (2) Alaska is going to be it's own product. Because of Alaska's unique terrain, it will have some different features from the other products. The water features in UTX Alaska will improve overall compared to the UT Alaska FS9 versions. Holger Sandmann is joining the team for UTX Alaska. So, he will be adding his special touch. UTX Alaska will be released in 2008.UTX Canada now covers all of Canada, including the extreme northern portions.UTX Canada stops just beyond the Alaska border. We fill out the remaining border areas down to the LOD9 level, so that the features blend with the existing FSX Alaska regions."

Guest Dan G Martin

And Canada is not unique? (LOL) Oh BTW do say hello to Allen Kriseman for me.Dan Martin

Guest Rockcliffe

I got it this morning and am very happy. It's my first addon for FSX and well worth it.BlairCYOW

I've got it installed and it looks very nice. The improvements in coast lines alone is worth the price. (Kinda.) The landscape itself look much more realistic and it's very nice to fly over places you've been and recognize them. I've only been flying it for an hour or two but I've sen enough to recommend it to all my fellow Canucks. Even our American friends will find lots to appreciate in it as well.The FPS hit, for me, varies between nothing and not much.I'm running full Genesis mesh, FEX & UTX-Canada. Toss in some GE Pro action and this baby is going to sing!

Hi Geofa,Canada looks great, I download it as soon as I saw it was available. I can hardly wait for UTX Alaska, then "Misty"!Not to go too far off topic, but from your comment about Acceleration/sp2 I take it that it is not necessary to start with a clean install when adding the new MS addon/sp?Ron

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

>And Canada is not unique? (LOL) Oh BTW do say hello to Allen>Kriseman for me.>>Dan MartinHello Dan. Its been a few years. Hope things are going well.I don't get a chance to stop by here much any more. But, had to say hello when I saw your reply.Cheers,Allen

Guest Dan G Martin

Great to hear from you Allen. Hope all is well with you too! BTW you are right it has been a few years since our days with FlyII. Dan Martin Team Flight Ontario