Sign in to follow this  
Mace

AIFPC help please

Guest sssummer

I cannot seem to get the AI aircraft to show up in FSX using the AIFPC compiler. I have experience using TTOOLS, and never had a problem, so I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.I am using AIFPC version 1.2007.6.18. I am running FSX in Vista Home. Right now, the only AI traffic I have is all from World of AI. When I use the WOAI installer, I install into the "target" FSX, and it works fine. So I have several WOAI bgl files in my scenery file that work.Now, when I try and compile an FS9 flightplan into an FSX bgl file using AIFPC, and place it in the FSX world/scenery file, the aircraft do not show up in the sim. Should the compile target in AIFPC be FSX? FS9? I have the boxes checked "convert fs9 airports to FSX" and "renumber fs9 days to FSX days". I have tried both ways. The flightplans I am trying is for ExpressJet. I copied the aircraft title line and placed it in the aircraft text file like this// ExpressJet AirlinesAC#6177,200,"EvolveAI ERJ-145XR ExpressJet Airlines"This is the exact title of the aircraft itself in the aircraft cfg. Then I compile the flightplans (tried both for FSX and FS9). Both compile just fine. I have tried putting each bgl file into the sim individually, but the aircraft are a no show. I have plenty of AFCAD parking at the test airport KONT, which is their hub. The parking spot radius is fine, and BTA is the parking code in the aircraft config and in the AFCAD. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Since I am using these plans in conjunction with WOAI plans, should the target be an FSX.bgl since I am flying in FSX? Thanks Brian S.

Guest roddymod

Hi,One thing to bear in mind. FS9 and FSX compiled flightplans will both work in FSX but they will not work together. If you have some FSX compiled plans you must convert your FS9 plans and recompile them for FSX with AIFPC. The WOAI installer, although it will install for FSX, does not re compile so thet are still FS9 plans.Rod.

Rod is correct. It can't be emphasized enough: FS9 and FSX flight plan bgl's will both work in FSX, *but* they will not work at the same time.Your sim will still work, but you won't have AI. You must choose 1 of two paths:1) use all FS9 spec AI bgl's2) use all native FSX bgl'sAt present WoAI's bgl's are still FS9 bgl's. I have lobbied for them to change but I think use of TTools is too heavily ingrained. :)People are not going to use new methods if there is no compelling reason for them to do so. To most people using FS9 bgl's, the only negative consequence that most people know about is that they are missing boat traffic. RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest j-mo

> FS9 and FSX>flight plan bgl's will both work in FSX, *but* they will not>work at the same time.>>Your sim will still work, but you won't have AI. >>You must choose 1 of two paths:>1) use all FS9 spec AI bgl's>2) use all native FSX bgl's>>At present WoAI's bgl's are still FS9 bgl's. I have lobbied>for them to change but I think use of TTools is too heavily>ingrained. :)>>People are not going to use new methods if there is no>compelling reason for them to do so. To most people using FS9>bgl's, the only negative consequence that most people know>about is that they are missing boat traffic. If you are saying that FS9 bgl's prevent boat traffic, and WoAI uses them, then I disagree. I use WoAI and I have plenty of boat traffic.

Keep in mind that you can indeed have boat traffic and FS9 bgl's if the boat "flight" plan is not near the FS9 AI aircraft bgl.According to Peter of WoAI, WoAI uses FS9 bgl's at the present time.If you are getting boat traffic within 108nm of your true FS9 AI bgl's, I'd like to know how to do that because I cannot. FS9 bgl's kill off my FSX traffic like ten-pins when I try it.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB