Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

FSX - ugly desert type color everyewhere - Is there any GOOD fix?

Guest player1

I have FSX deluxe.Here in the fingerlakes region of New York From Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse to Watkins Glen and all points in between Fall and Spring look so awful in FSX compared to what it actually looks like flying around here. There is the ugly desert type color everywhere!I have now Tried two Landclass products with no good result, and am very dissapointed in FSX for this.First I tried "Myworld" and last week I just purcheased FSGenisis, no matter, ugly desert everwhere. It is so ugly that I have to set the season to summer and even then...I cant get over it, what a poor job to such a great sim.Are there any better fixes than the "Adam Mills" redone textures and does anyone have an opinion about how good a job they do?Thank you

If you have not, download and install Adam Mills textures. Although they are only variations to the defaults, they are an improvement. Adam is the only person I know that has taken on a FSX ground texture project as a freeware option. There are a couple that also directly change certain mountain and desert areas within the US, but the designers name escapes me at the moment. You might also want to check out TreesX.I would imagine we will have to wait until Ground Environment X to come out for a real difference here.

I use Scenery Tech North American Landclass. I found it has almost eliminated the desert where it shouldn't be desert.Bill

I use it as well, but I think most will admit that *some* of the default FSX textures leave a bit to be desired, even when placed correctly.

A wait for this product may be in order. The initial screenshots looks extremely impressive...http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=4.0Also look here...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=417389&page=Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Looks great.This will be interesting.....nuff said.... ;)