Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

A2A Comanche & AccuSim reveal/deep-dive video!

Scott's post on the A2A forums: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=74561
We're excited to introduce the Accu-Sim Comanche 250 at FlightSimExpo 2023 with this video preview of our first add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
It's a 20 minute look at the new technology we've been working on for the last two years, and if all goes to plan, you'll be able to fly it in July.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 24
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Some interesting points/excerpts:

• "long way from making an aircraft that flies accurately by the book & numbers to also one that feels right and on a level that is not in the book"
  • extensive wear and tear maintenance, living breathing system
  • engine "made proper from the very bottom up", 6 independently simulated cylinders
  • 3 engine starts, same aircraft same conditions, can lead to different kind of engine startups ... nothing scripted is going on, it's a coming together of various engine components simulation + weather and other factors (engine & cylinders schematic and live movements in the EFB!)
  • cylinder misfire simulation was shown
  • complete walkaround featured, can walk and feel/move the linkages and control surfaces of the aircraft
  • "oil canning" simulation, aluminum skinned airplane behaving as it should as fuel is filled
  • the mechanical simulation and maintenance activities for this aircraft seem rather substantial
  • "getting that feel correct of the aircraft pushing through the air, we just needed to deliver this experience"
  • "thank you to Microsoft for a wonderful open platform"

•  
Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

Very good etc etc. I just can't help wishing they had chosen a different aircraft. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Take my money!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Watching it on the Expo live stream. Looks absolutely incredible. This is the A2A feel and quality I'm looking for that almost no other addon plane even come close to matching. I want a living, breathing aircraft, not just a fancy 3D model.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

29 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Very good etc etc. I just can't help wishing they had chosen a different aircraft. 

If this were the Cessna 172, I think it would be an instant buy from me. I mean, the default Cessna 172 in MSFS is quite good, but it's not A2A level of course. But kudos for Comanche lovers, you got the most high fidelity GA plane coming in MSFS.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

This is going to be *the* GA aircraft for MSFS, wow (just the details like viewing a live schematic diagram/animation of the engine simulation)... deep dive tutorial videos for various aspects of the aircraft and using it are coming soon apparently (i.e. they even have a separate tutorial coming for understanding engine oil color and maintenance of). They didn't go into details of how they built AccuSim on top of MSFS but I imagine that'll come in the future too.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len

Gonna put the Maddog in the hangar for a bit when this comes out and do some G.A. flying. Not a real fan of the aircraft type but hey its A2A we are talking here. Its a buy for me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

If this were the Cessna 172, I think it would be an instant buy from me. I mean, the default Cessna 172 in MSFS is quite good, but it's not A2A level of course. But kudos for Comanche lovers, you got the most high fideliy GA plane coming in MSFS.

If I remember it right, Scott choose the Comanche because they needed to not just release a new plane for MSFS, but also update the accusim (As far as I remember). So they needed to start with the Comanche. But hopefully after the comanche the other airplanes will be expedited.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

The Comanche looks stunning-an instant buy upon release for me.

• Like 3

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

I’m gobsmacked really.  I can’t wait to watch the videos that are coming.  Also hoping they do a c172 someday, but I’ll happily be buying it on day 1.

Edited by FrankR409
  • Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K