Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

VC Shadows Video is up

Very nice DX10 screenshots.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest S77th-GOYA

You might as well fix this one also:"ACES can't figure out how to program for it"Your quote makes it sound as if he made a definite declaration when in fact he wrote this as a possibility."Either DX10 isn't all it's cracked up to be, or ACES can't figure out how to program for it."

Far cry 2 uses the same engine, and there is a hang glider in it. I'm not sure if there is a hang glider or planes in Crysis. There's a good chance I think, and if not you could make one using the SDK.

But we won't see any of this until FS11 (if at all) by which time the current series of DX10 cards will be good for scrap value only.I certainly have no desire to play Crysis or whatever.......Well, saved me spending $400-500 on DX10 and Vista.

Guest AggiePilot

Good morning everyone,After a brief hiatus of flying, and re-reading all of the recent posts in this thread and many, many others in which he has taken part, there are a few points I would like to address to Mr. Taylor, and anyone else still reading:I spoke more than once without giving consideration to the fact that none of us except Mr. Taylor know the full considerations programming for FSX requires. Any judgments of what the program can or should be able to do are purely speculative on my part.No one forced me to be an early adopter of new technology. Had I found this forum sooner, I surely would have been more well-informed about my decisions and that is no one's fault but mine.Mr. Taylor has indeed been more than patient and accommodating to the often reactionary and unreasonable among us. I understand that his presence on these boards is a valuable resource and that we should go out of our way to extend every courtesy to him.I was disappointed with the features of DX10 and while I think I can say I was more respectful than some have been in voicing my opinions, there were still some rude insinuations made. I was not openly hostile but there was still a tone of condescension and I am sorry.While we may disagree on certain aspects of our hobby I think we can come to an agreement that we are all here because we love to fly, either in real life or in the virtual world that has been created for us. I hope we can all remember that from time to time, myself especially, and focus our criticisms not on what has been done but what we hope may be accomplished in the future.Happy flying everyone,Josh

Guest drdaru1

>Good morning everyone,>>After a brief hiatus of flying, and re-reading all of the>recent posts in this thread and many, many others in which he>has taken part, there are a few points I would like to address>to Mr. Taylor, and anyone else still reading:>>I spoke more than once without giving consideration to the>fact that none of us except Mr. Taylor know the full>considerations programming for FSX requires. Any judgments of>what the program can or should be able to do are purely>speculative on my part.>>No one forced me to be an early adopter of new technology. >Had I found this forum sooner, I surely would have been more>well-informed about my decisions and that is no one's fault>but mine.>>Mr. Taylor has indeed been more than patient and accommodating>to the often reactionary and unreasonable among us. I>understand that his presence on these boards is a valuable>resource and that we should go out of our way to extend every>courtesy to him.>>I was disappointed with the features of DX10 and while I think>I can say I was more respectful than some have been in voicing>my opinions, there were still some rude insinuations made. >Were it not for the fact that I think I have set some kind of>record for the largest number of apologies made by a single>poster in a thread, I would do so again.>>While we may disagree on certain aspects of our hobby I think>we can come an agreement that we are all here because we love>to fly, either in real life or in the virtual world that has>been created for us. I hope we can all remember that from>time to time, myself especially, and focus our criticisms not>one what has been done but what we hope may be accomplished in>the future.>>Happy flying everyone,>Josh Josh, I hope Geofa accepts this one. ...and scene.