Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

What happened to the Aerosoft A330?

There was a new cockpit screenshot posted and it looks so wrong. Fonts, dimensions of the things on the display, LCD digits... I'm having a P3D déja-vu.

Hopefully these will be fixed to make it look at least like the real thing.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

22 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

If you want wingflex, drink red bull

That made me literally laugh out loud. 

4 hours ago, NovemberUniform said:

Wow, I thought Mathijs literally IS Aerosoft.

Considering that he has been their public communicator for so long, one might come to that conclusion.

Aersosoft have posted a brief update on the A330 to their forums.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/159142-aerosoft-aircraft-a330-preview/page/200/#comment-1111838

Hello all,

We at Aerosoft are aware of our responsibility towards our customers and employees. The A330, our major project, was and is the focus of our activities. Therefore, we have seamlessly staffed the project with a new head and team members.
On 21.07.2023 we will go live with a brand-new landing page for the project at A330.Aerosoft.com which will contain exciting information, media and development updates about the A330 project - You may be interested!

Of course, the forums will remain open.

Your Aerosoft Team

Most interesting part to me is it appears Mathijs may not have been the only person to leave.

On 6/25/2023 at 1:38 PM, chapstick said:

They don't even have VNAV in yet. 🤦‍♂️ This is nowhere close to release... unless they just release it in a sorry state to fix later, which is the norm these days.

Is this surprising? The vast, vast majority of CRJs IRL do not have VNAV. There's a lot to make fun of for Aerosoft but not having VNAV in the CRJ is realistic.

7800X3D - RTX 2080 FE - 64GB DDR5 - Dan C4-SFX

1 minute ago, Stavros said:

Is this surprising? The vast, vast majority of CRJs IRL do not have VNAV. There's a lot to make fun of for Aerosoft but not having VNAV in the CRJ is realistic.

Wrong thread? I was talking about their statement on the status of VNAV in the A330. 

• Like 1

Just now, chapstick said:

Wrong thread? I was talking about their statement on the status of VNAV in the A330. 

My bad! didn't see that statement 😅

7800X3D - RTX 2080 FE - 64GB DDR5 - Dan C4-SFX

deletes. NvM

Edited by JBDB-MD80

if id said 10 years ago, "a developer was going to release a payware airliner that one day one you couldnt fly on vatsim".  you'd of thought i was on drugs.  Ive banged on about it for over a decade that pay to beta is a cancer,  and here it is. 

They have announced that on day one, you will not be able to properly fly the thing on vatsim or icao.

To me it still beggars belief that after all the shady stuff they have done over the years, people still stick up for them.  Unbelieable.,

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

if id said 10 years ago, "a developer was going to release a payware airliner that one day one you couldnt fly on vatsim".  you'd of thought i was on drugs.  Ive banged on about it for over a decade that pay to beta is a cancer,  and here it is. 

They have announced that on day one, you will not be able to properly fly the thing on vatsim or icao.

To me it still beggars belief that after all the shady stuff they have done over the years, people still stick up for them.  Unbelieable.,

Incorrect they said you can still fly on Vatsim and ICAO but limited functions which by what they said could be holding would be a limited feature we shell see when the next statement comes out.

this is what the website says.  

Here are a few examples where things are not yet running smoothly:

- The lateral tracking of the ILS approach is not precise enough under certain circumstances and lets the aircraft touch down next to the runway.
- With certain waypoint types the autopilot does not intercept the following track correctly but oscillates around the track.

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

this is what the website says.  

Here are a few examples where things are not yet running smoothly:

- The lateral tracking of the ILS approach is not precise enough under certain circumstances and lets the aircraft touch down next to the runway.
- With certain waypoint types the autopilot does not intercept the following track correctly but oscillates around the track.

This is what it also says 

Can I use the aircraft on Vatsim/IVAO/PilotEdge etc.?

You definitely can. However, you should familiarize yourself with the handling of the aircraft beforehand. Under certain circumstances you will have to fly maneuvers that are usually facilitated by additional systems, which will not be available from day 1.