Sign in to follow this  
Carabou

Anybody tried new grass textures?

Has anyone tried the new grass textures by Jacky Brouze?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest Mike707

Thanks for the heads up. I tried a different grass texture that was created for FS9 and placed it in FS10 and it seemed to work pretty well. I will have to try this texture tonight. One thing I noticed with the other one was it also applied the same texture to roads, so I am curious to see how this one works. By the way, the pics in the library for this are very good. Here is a quick link to the item in the library.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Looks like there is a lot of tiling with those textures, or is that the 'land detail texure' I am seeing?

Hi there,if the grass "effect" is tied to Land Detail Textures, i.e., detail1.bmp in SceneryWorldtexture, wouldn't that mean that the same pattern shows up everywhere, like on snowfields and in deserts as well?Cheers, Holger

Guest Stoopy

Cripes!!!! Looks pretty fargin' GOOD!!!!!And I agree with Geofa.....mower marks, gotta be......plus with summer drawin' to an end I could really go for some good-lookin' grass that doesn't need to be MOWED ALL THE TIME!!!!!:-newburn :-lol Downloaded! Thanks for the H/U!!!!!

Guest Lennyt

Looks very good. Downloading now.

Very true Holger and in fact they do make snow look rather odd.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Mike707

I tried installing the textures and for some reason, nothing is changing. I have tried every texture and still see no change. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Is anyone else having trouble?

Guest Lennyt

Make sure you go to the PicNic folder under Program Files and then run the self-installer for fsx.