Sign in to follow this  
Carabou

Anybody tried new grass textures?

Guest The Wizard of Oz

I have tried this type of texture before and it turned out a bit coarse.But this is really nice particularly using variant #3 at 1024 res with no apparent tiling as you can see from this resampled 3840 x 1024 shot.Overall it gives a much more realistic look as others have said. There does not appear to be much FPS hit.Cheers WOZhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178760.jpg

Guest danny68

I must be blind or something.To my eyes this looks wrong completely. Grass does not look like this from low even low altitude.To me it looks more like geen matted/twisted straw. It looks nothing like grass.

Guest Mike707

That is exactly what I am doing, but no luck at all. Very frustrating.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Certainly looks like the stuff we have in Oz - Kikuyu grass (Pennisetum clandestinum) matted with drier strands.Re WOZ

Looks like grass to me. Not sure where you are living.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>I must be blind or something.>>To my eyes this looks wrong completely. Grass does not look>like this from low even low altitude.>>To me it looks more like geen matted/twisted straw. It looks>nothing like grass.Danny68 your always complaining he :-lolCheers,

André

Guest danny68

To your graphical eye AndyDoes that grass look real to you?IMO the defualt MS grass looks 100% better but then maybe I don't have a graphical eye like you?Now take the splended looking grass in FTX in some of those shots on their siteThis grass eveyone here is talking about will definitely not blend as well with FTX as the defaults do?What does your graphical eye say about this Andy.

Guest tmilton

Wow, this is the best grass texture I've seen to date! It makes grass really look like grass.The only hesitation I have has been mentioned earlier. Does this affect other ground textures as well? 2 years ago I downloaded a grass texture for FS9 and it made every ground texture look like grass. It made sandy deserts look like they were covered instead with dried grass, made the snow look like white grass, and even made the roads look like they were covered with gray cement colored grass. I ended up uninstalling that download because of this.I haven't tried this new texture for FSX, so I don't know. But does this affect other non-grass ground textures the same way, or does it leave them alone?If this only adjusts the grass textures, then I'm downloading it right away, because it looks terrific!

You could also be polite an respond to a PM sent...I never said anything about this freeware effort ;-) Just a funny guy are you, 2 months here around and then saying to some one you never saw or spoken to he is always complaining.After 5 years and a lot of messages :-lol and read again a few messages later you are complaining yourself;-)Have fun Danny68 real nice immature guy without a real name ;-)

André

>Hi there,>>if the grass "effect" is tied to Land Detail Textures, i.e.,>detail1.bmp in SceneryWorldtexture, wouldn't that mean that>the same pattern shows up everywhere, like on snowfields and>in deserts as well?>>Cheers, HolgerYou're totally right, it affects runways, etc...Here are some photos on a french forum (the creator started the thread and is showing pictures of ruwnays "affected" with the effect for example) :http://www.libertysim.net/forum/viewtopic....er=asc&start=20

Hello,I'm the creator of PicNic (and TreeX) ;-)You can see in the English manual how PicNic affect the other textures. (Sorry, but it's an automatic french translate).It's true, when you land on a road you see the PicNic texture. However i'v trying to minimise the effect. I'v trying also PicNic on FranceVFR scenery (example: glacier Mont Blanc) and the effect is "acceptable"If any people have problem whith buttons placed out the interface: it's because the policie is declared too big in desktop properties.I'm very glad that you trying it and report your experiences.NB: PicNic run also on FS2004 (Chose texture N

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Guest The Wizard of Oz

G'day Nice work Oscar. It gives the ground a real dimension. I notice however that it does not work with photo scenery textures used in the recent New Zealand Marlbourgh/Blenhiem area:http://www.windowlight.co.nz/realnzmarl.htmlQuestion is will it work with FTX ?Can you comment?.Cheers WOZ

Hello,Thanks to try PicNic ;-)I don't have FTX on my computer, sorry. For NZ photo sceney, can you tell me if a demo existes?;-)

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Guest The Wizard of Oz

FTX is not out yet.The NZ package is payware I don't think theres a demo I'll check.Woz