Sign in to follow this  
Carabou

Anybody tried new grass textures?

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Previous posts have indicated that this effect is universal.Well it does not affect the runways or taxiways outside of winter as far as I can tell. So in Oz (or Africa or other essentially non winter areas) it

Guest danny68

this texture looks a lot better than the first one and now it is starting to look realistic. Only thing you need to be careful of is how it blends with grass textures in fields and other areas so it looks to be part of a whole set. For example, microsoft delibrately make the grass textures blend with other textures including runway textures for example.It's all about balance and a really sharp highly defined texture against the rest of the textures could be an issue and stand out like a micky mouse cartoon against a real image. Dan Delaney

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Here's a comparison between summer and winter (snow) and from my perspective the winter texture is not all that objectionable unless your expecting a very thick drift. As can be seen in the two shots there is no influence that I can see on the runway or taxiway textures using this method.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178788.jpgI tried the grass textures in FS2004. They are OK but look a bit coarse for my taste and not as good as in FSXWOZ

Guest The Wizard of Oz

OK I see the problem now. My conclusion that the new grass texture would not work with the new New Zealand Marlborough scenery is because it was based on a big slab of texture on the Omaka airport "grass" runway area that does not respond to the grass overlay for some reason. I concluded that it was due to a photo texture issue but this is not the case. The grass overlay works everywhere else within this quite large scenery setup that is based on a photo texture base around this particular texture slab.Hence I'm concluding that the overlays should also work with FTX. Re WOZ