Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Can non default flight plans co-exist with default?

I dusted off my Simple AI program and downloaded AIFPC, along with FSX planner and started to create flight plans for KBTL (Kellogg, Battle Creek, MI)but in doing so, most traffic disappeared. Obviously since I created the program, I am familiar with FS9 traffic files and I do realize that FSX is different but there must be other tricks to getting custom flight plans to work now. I am going to go out on a limb and assume that I can't put them in the Worldscenery folder with the other traffic.bgl files?????I have been out of the loop for 2.5 years, so I might be overlooking something.

Thanks Jim, I did convert it over with AIFPC and also downloaded and tried the SDK. You comment does raise a question though, is it possible to verify the format just by looking at the file name? They are both .bgl files, right?

Does anyone know what this means? //FSXDAYS=TRUEI see it at the top of all of the FSX flight plans, this wasn't there on FS9.

I have found that SOME of the plans I converted using AIFPC do not work well in FSX. What I mean is, they appear to be FS9-style bgl's, despite my target compile being FSX.When I load such a bgl, it eliminates all the FSX AI. But keep in mind that has only been the case with 1 or 2 bgl's out of about 15 I tested it on.However, I have never had any trouble using Jens Rabmund's converter. The problem with it is that you must use TDBB and most people don't have the patience to deal with TDBB.So the answer is to use AIFPC, which seems to work 90% of the time. AIFPC is a great program, don't get me wrong...You might also want to look at Frank Salter's AISort.The way I convert plans is to use Jens Rabmund's program and then tweak the resulting text files and run them thru TDBB. Works 100%, but takes more time.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB