Sign in to follow this  
Guest GREENGRASS

FREE New Addon: FSX Google Earth Flight Recorder

Guest Marlin Manhiem

> Hi Your flight recorder is really brilliant ,a year ago it >was somthing like this you could only dream about ,thanks a>million>I ,find that when playing back the recorded flight it wont>allow ,for zoom or tilt,if i try to do anything with the mouse>the flight stops moving and i have to restart the flight, is>there a key that will resume the flight.>all my thanks Don Hay Green, are you running a dual core?If so, Ctrl Alt Delte, right click on the earth exe then set the affinity to only one core and see if that cures your problems. It did for me.

Guest GREENGRASS

Thanks Mike and MarlinI reinstalled google earth and everything is now working fineDonHey Mike dont you ever sleep?i entered my message at 8am australia time and got your reply within 5 minutes 1am your time.:-wave Don

Guest MikeWilson

Hi Don,Not always; it's 4:14am here UK time as I type now :)Was just having fun testing a few new features for FSX Google Earth Flight Recorder :) and FSX is too #### addictive :)Time for bed, methinks.Warm Regards,Mike

Guest kolaf

I thought I'd try my luck with this as a support thread. I've downloaded fsx GE flight recorder 1.3. IT installs and runs ok, but whenever I try to record a flight, it crashes when I stop recording (starting is ok). It gives an UnhandledExceptionEventArgs exception. If I stop recording immediately after I start, it works ok and puts a recording in the list. The file does however not contain any coordinates. I have attached it to this post. Any help is appreciated as it seems like a cool program :)

Guest MikeWilson

Hello,Thanks for trying it! Ok, I don't know what's causing the exception - so I'll make a release tonight (1.4) which will phone home with the error details, and once I know what causes the actual error; I'll release 1.5 straight away with the fix :)Warm Regards,Mike Wilson

Guest kolaf

Brilliant. Let me know when it is ready, and I'll test it for you.

Guest MikeWilson

That's great, thanks!It won't be long. I'm just testing the fix which will allow me to fix the error next time it occurs :)I'll post here when 1.4 is available.

Guest MikeWilson

Version 1.4 is now available and can be downloaded and installed over the top of 1.3.If you can reproduce the error, this new version will automatically send an error report to me - once I get that, I'll fix whatever is causing the problem.Thanks a lot for your patience, and for making me aware of the issue. It will be fixed!Warm Regards,Mike Wilson

Guest kolaf

Downloaded, tested, and crashed. Hope you figure it out. I'm on VIsta with FSX/SP1 by the way.

Guest MikeWilson

Dear Kolaf,Thanks for trying it out.I'm sorry to hear that it crashed again - I didn't get an error report, the crash must have occurred before it was sent.I would very much like to figure out what is causing the issue in more detail - I've sent you a PM.Warm Regards,Mike Wilson

Guest MikeWilson

Version 1.7 is now available, which contains various bugfixes reported over the past two weeks.