Sign in to follow this  
Magic Man

Running FSX and FS9 on same PC

Having returned to flight sim after around a 5 year break, I have installed FSX along with a few addons. 737, Airbus and 767 etc. I have a fairly well specced PC and seem to get the 20fps that it is preset to by default. However, I am sure this 20fps is acheived at a price and my visuals etc are suffering. This is not too bad flying at 30,000 feet when there isnt much to see. But as I am interested in general aviation as well, I thought installing FS2004 to use for that sort of thing. Is this a good idea? will they coexist happily. I bought FS2004 when it first came out, just didnt install it. I think what I am trying to do is find out what route people with more experience would take.

FSX and FSX will happily co-exist on the same PC. I run each on a separate dedicated partition just purely to keep things isolated and get a small (theoretical) performance boost.Sometimes the registry might get a bit confused but Flight1 make a small registry repair tool that fixes things with one click. Generally though, there should be no problem.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest bholly12

Agreed, you should not have any major issues with this, lots of users (including myself) enjoy both platforms.-Brad

Thanks folks, the reassurances are much appreciated. I don't think I will partition though.