Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Befuddled by UltimateTerrainX, FlightTerrainX,X-Graphics???

Actually, given that they are familiar with Australia, I would say that doing it first is in their best interest. Developing any of these packages is a learning experience, and better to learn it working with something you know. Then they can apply what they have learned to their other packages.Just look at how Ultimate Terrain has progressed over the years. Each version keeps getting better and better as Allen learns more and more each time.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

1. I would suggest creating a new directory for the FSGenesis landclass and installing it in there. That way you can control it individually.2. If you have FSG landclass sandwiched between the UT/X landclass, you will only really notice a difference outside of populated areas, basically areas where there are no conglomerations of streets.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest sstobbe

>I am trying to create the most realistic VFR situation>possible, short of photorealistic scenery for everything>(Which is a generation and multi tetrabyte computers away ;^)Actually, worldwide photorealistic scenery is already here! see a program called TileProxy, freeware, and developed with active participation from the AVSIM forums. It downloads aerial and satellite photographs from online mapping in real time and creates photoscenery as you go. Takes a bit of patience to set up properly, and eliminates autogen, if you consider that a problem. See jaw-dropping videos and photographs on this site and others if you need further convincing.Stobbe

Stobbe ...Thank you... I KNOW and have seen the beauty of properly operating TileProxy. My only problem is I have no access to High Speed Internet in my very rural location. My only option is to buy high price satellite service which I cannot afford. My only other possible option is to pay a SLIGHTLY lower price (maybe, I'm not sure) for unlimited high speed access through a new cell phone contract. Do you know anyone using TileProxy that is hooked up to their cell phone?Thanks, Steve

Guest sstobbe

Pastorpilot,You might want to try out FS Earth Tiles, another project on the AVSIM forums. You specify a latitude/longitude box, and it will download imagery and create a photo scenery for the area ahead of time. I don't see why it wouldn't work over a slow modem. I haven't used it myself, so I am speculating.Search for the program in the TileProxy forum, there is a link to it there.Would require you to start the photoscenery creation process at least a few hours before when you want to fly it.

If you install UTX with the basic or default options, you can say that is doesn't do textures. However, there are some very powerful tools within the UTX setup utility that can do quite a bit for textures. For example, you can cause smaller lakes and rivers to show ice during the winter. You can do texture replacements with the default textures or custom textures. There are many options which could be profitably explored and "4th party" addon developed for use with the UTX setup tool.scott s..