Sign in to follow this  
vjeanmarc

P3D V6 is available

Performance seems really.........................terrible.

Edited by Arklight1
  • Upvote 1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

1 hour ago, klimpen said:

I can not understand why so many leave p3d for msfs 2020. V6 is amazing.

How so? Performance is absolutely terrible and it appears none of the main FS devs are updating their payware for the new game. Am I missing something? So far I'm colored underwhelmed. 😞

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

1 hour ago, Juliet Alpha said:

From what I see it is very v5ish in default.

As expected. That's why we used to add Orbx Global, Buildings and Trees... and some people added LC, Vector and mesh.

However, I see two big upgrades in the detailed changelog: airport layout (and the lack of parking spaces that plagued V5...) and antialiasing.

Now, if only I could find a way to install my v5 aircraft into v6. In the meantime, I'll wait a bit.

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I bit the bullet and am downloading v6 now. If performance is really that bad then this is the end of the line for me using p3d. 

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

Some of you put far too much emotion into this video game.

Watching a stream right now and it's pretty underwhelming from a visual standpoint and the indicated performance (as shown on the stream) looks to show negative progress.

Despite that, I splurged for a month of dev access to peek at it and see what will and won't work out of the box.

Edited by ZLA Steve
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

4 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

Some of you put far too much emotion into this video game.

Watching a stream right now and it's pretty underwhelming from a visual standpoint and the indicated performance (as shown on the stream) looks to show negative progress.

Despite that, I splurged for a month of dev access to peek at it and see what will and won't work out of the box.

I'm watching also, flying around over the Grand Canyon in a DC-3 is not really showing much of v6. I figured he at least show some of the cities and airports. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Agree, but also, what he is showcasing still doesn't really inspire awe or impress 🙃

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

55 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Not unless you want to. Every major version is independent of the others. I have v3.4 and v5.3 installed.

Keep v5, install v6 and do a few screenshots. They will be greatly appreciated. 👍

Ray,

Maybe I'm a little confused on this:  I installed P3dv6 and put it on the same drive as P3dv5.  However, it is a separate sim, and it does not have any of my P3dv5 airports or aircraft in it.  It looks totally virginal.  I'm thinking to myself...how COULD this new sim retain all my V5 stuff?  V6 does not import from V5, or what did I do wrong here?

11 minutes ago, spilok said:

However, it is a separate sim,

That is the answer to your question. It won't import anything

David Porrett

17 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I'm watching also, flying around over the Grand Canyon in a DC-3 is not really showing much of v6. I figured he at least show some of the cities and airports. 

can you link the stream please?

2 minutes ago, sdirand said:

can you link the stream please?

adamjpestridge - Twitch

• Like 3

Ark

Does LM still offer a money back satisfaction guarantee?

It is odd that A2A and PDMG are so quick to get a statement out on their no-support. They usually never comment unless they are looking for a payday. One has to consider that they may just be part of a effort by the some of the Dev's to use this as a chance to force more people out of P3d to the other sim. After all each one that is moved is worth a lot of sales over on the other side. We are likely to see more of the big boys pushing the buttons over the next few days. There is just no way we will ever know for sure, but it is worth thinking about before you throw you credit card at them again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/