Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

Windshield Precipitation Effects FSX

The bold entry below is from the FSX cfg file, does anyone know what it does? Is this the rain on the windshield effect that no longer exists? I figured I'd ask before I tried a bunch of numbers in there.[Weather]WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=500MinGustRampSpeed=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200MinVarTime=5MaxVarTime=50MinVarRampSpeed=10MaxVarRampSpeed=75TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1DynamicWeather=2DownloadWindsAloft=1DisableTurbulence=0CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=4DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=6THERMAL_VISUALS=0

Guest Rick Baldwin

Garrett,Windshield raindrop effects were planned for in FSX, but had to be left out because of the way that FSX is coded. As I understand, the raindrops effect would have had to be completely re-written for FSX and the ACES just didn't have enough time to get it working before release deadline.I believe that the ACES have promised that this effect will be re-introduced in FS11, especially since so many of us miss it! -Rick----------- My System -----------P4 @ 2.53 GHz / 1GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 6800XT, 256MB / Windows XP Home

Hi FolksGarrett -The cfg line activates rain on windshields where it is enabled in the model.Rain on windshields is present in both RTM & SP1 on 2D cockpits,however it's only active through a narrow sector.SP2 corrects this for the full 360* in the 2D cockpit.There is still no rain on VC windscreens for the FSX default a/c,however AFAIK 3rd party modelers can enable it on their a/c.HTHATBPaulhttp://www.basys.f9.co.uk/resources/images..._sig_500x94.jpghttp://www.fs-odg.com

Set it to zero. Maybe the framerates will increase a little :-p

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

To clarify what Paul said:For 2D panels, windshield precip effects ARE being added back in with SP2.For VC/3D panels, there will be no precip effects in FSX unfortunately.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest UlfB

More 3D in 2D than in 3D, then ;-) Ulf B

The bold entry below is from the FSX cfg file, does anyone know what it does? Is this the rain on the windshield effect that no longer exists? I figured I'd ask before I tried a bunch of numbers in there.[Weather]WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=500MinGustRampSpeed=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200MinVarTime=5MaxVarTime=50MinVarRampSpeed=10MaxVarRampSpeed=75TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1DynamicWeather=2DownloadWindsAloft=1DisableTurbulence=0CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=4DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=6THERMAL_VISUALS=0

Adding all this will give me back precipitation on my windshield ??  I use VC mode

Capt. Bill Brewer    

:p0503: 

No, its part of the model. FSX doesnt have rain effects. lanes that do have it are usually modelled with it. Some legacy planes can use the FS2004 vc rain effect files if copird to FSX.

whats the deal with all these ancient threads lately?

capt.bill, just curious, but i mean, were you looking at posts from 7 years ago for a reason or did it show up for you as a new one or something? there's been quite a handful of these going around, it's sorta funny but maybe there's an issue with avsim?

cheers

-andy crosby