Sign in to follow this  

In case you missed the Captain Sim announcement...

Looks like Captain Sim has put the C-130 for FSX in beta according to their front page.However, they posted it with the same text as they did for the beta of blocks D/F for the 757, that is:*******************The 'C-130 X-perience' Beta 1 is out for two weeks testing by international Beta Team of C-130 professionals and flightsim enthusiasts.*******************LoL, if they follow the same schedule as they currently are for the 757, it will actually be in beta 1 for 3 months, then beta 2 for another few months, and all the while not a word about if they have made any progress.If you are brave enough to ask them why the 2 weeks has turned into 3 months, you get one or all of the following:1. A canned response that they do not answer any questions about progress.2. A warning that posting questions about progress are subject to deletion.3. Your post gets deleted.Oh, and the aforementioned block D/F progress...its in its 6th or so month of the 4-6 week beta testing program, with no word how many more cycles it will be going through.Pricing for the FSX C-130:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Well, their C-130 for FS9 was pretty dandy and complete across the board, including VC, for like $25 when I purchased it. I hope the new version is a fraction of this cost for previous owners, otherwise the FS9 beast will fly on for me!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>I hope the new version is a fraction of this cost for>previous owners, otherwise the FS9 beast will fly on for me!>>GarySorry Gary, no discounts for previous owners. Stated by Captain Sim.The basic package will be 50, I think it includes the plane (C-130E) and a few liveries.Yes the FS9 version was great, not sure why they are charging so much for the FSX version to existing customers. Level-D Sim seemed to get their vastly more complex 767 released sooner for FSX and only charged a fraction to existing customers. I think they want to give the impression that their's was a much greater challenge, hence the reasoning behind the steep charge for even their existing customers. Then again, maybe for them it was a greater challenge, who knows, they sure won't answer any questions like that factually in their forums.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Yes, Level-D set the upgrade bar with $14.95 for previous owners. Looks like I'll keep FS9 around for the C-130 for a while longer!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

yikes, can you imagine the FPS hit with the C130 in FSX??Ugly...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's a good thing ACES only had them do the exterior for the F/A-18...otherwise we would be only getting FSX Acceleration Block A on release day and wait another couple years for Block B.

Guest DanWalloch

Steve long time no see you! Hows the wife and kids?! I honestly don't know why people support Captain Sim.

I just wonder what happened to the promised B767 they was doing one and a half years ago?What beta program do you reckon that ones in?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Looking forward to the C-130. Would much rather have the CS 707.But above all planes everywhere I want my CS F-104 for FSX! Especially now that Edwards is coming out. That's my Dream Team setup.

>Steve long time no see you! Hows the wife and kids?! I>honestly don't know why people support Captain Sim.Very talented people in their graphics department...Same reason I like Carenado products too.

I moved over the CS C-130 to FSX. Obviously I don't have the gauges. I am thinking, I'll simply use some other gauges.I have the nice exterior,the sound and the flight model!:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Makes me wonder why, out of all the developers ACES could have subcontracted to, they chose Captain Sim?

>Makes me wonder why, out of all the developers ACES could>have subcontracted to, they chose Captain Sim?>>Well to be honest and give credit where it is do, Captain Sim does make outstanding visual models.As long as ACES isn't relying on them to program the avionics or flight model, all should be well.Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

>Steve long time no see you! Hows the wife and kids?! I>honestly don't know why people support Captain Sim.All is well Dan!Kids are fine (and one in college now), and my new job has me racking up Delta skymiles (not much time to FS anymore) :(Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest DanWalloch

>All is well Dan!>Kids are fine (and one in college now), and my new job has me>racking up Delta skymiles (not much time to FS anymore) :(New job!?!? You need to sign onto MSN so we can catch up..ehehe. When you have time that is.