Sign in to follow this  

In case you missed the Captain Sim announcement...

Yes, there exterior models are quite good IMO. After visiting the Captain Sim boards though, I can't help but feel that the customers are being neglected especially with the canned responses.I am still waiting for a VC I can use with the 727, and I don't use the 757 much either do to a huge loss of FPS as compared with other payware. It would be in their best interest to address these issues.

I concur... The exteriors are way amazing. I love their AA paint on their 727. The 707 has that dirty engine feel to it. Their C-130 is amazing. But I never cared for their 757.Yeah... their exterior is so hard to beat with the exception of their 757.When I read Paul's blog where he mentioned that Captain Sim did the exterior of the F-18, I was thrilled.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Mr Drabek! Hows it going man??Now please tell me why you have not painted any of that nice fat juicy -100 yet!!!! ?????:)Hornit

>Mr Drabek! Hows it going man??>>>Now please tell me why you have not painted any of that nice>fat juicy -100 yet!!!! ?????>>:)>>HornitHehe , hey Jim.Been super busy in the real world lately...heck, I've probably been in a Delta aircraft as much as you have recently...in fact flying out again Sunday to LGA. :-lolI'll eventually pick up the brush again. ;)Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I, like many, have become quite discontent waiting for Captain Sim to follow up on their claims. Developing the F-18 for FSXAcc shows that they have priorities, and I don't think they have theirs in order. They can meet a deadline for Aces, but they can't meet any for their paying customers of the general public? Please.:-rollI beg to differ from Manny. As far as exterior models, I think the Captain Sim 757 is the best available, except the annoying stabilizer that seems too "pitched up." It's a matter of preference, I suppose. Putting the Captain Sim 757 next to the Project Opensky 757 is not even a close contest. Yes - the Opensky is good, FREE, and flexible to use. But it's an old design that could use an update to fix the "chubby" leading edge of the vertical stab, the nose being "off" from certain angles, and the flexless wings. The Captain Sim has none of those symptoms, but I'm fighting to find a panel with an FMC for it. We need to get the Level-D working with her instead of waiting for Captain Sim!I'm no exterior designer, but I will give credit where credit is due. I think the their 757 ranks right up there on the outside with the rest of the products I have seen from them. (If you want to see shotty work from Captain Sim, look at the FSXAcc F-18. I find it hard to believe they actually did that!)My couple pennies there.Scott______________________________________________________________System Specs:Gigabyte 965P-DS3 MotherboardIntel Core 2 Duo E6420 2.13ghz OC'd @ 3.04ghzZalman 7700 CPU CoolingEVGA e-GeForce 320mb 8800GTS2 X 1gb G.Skill Memory, Dual ChannelSeagate Barracuda 320gb Hard Drive, Perpendicular RecordingCorsair HX520W Modular Power SupplyWindows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit

Understandable... I'm going to feel a little dirty buying Acceleration knowing it supports CS. But I guess more importantly it supports the developers that worked on it that do have a well-earned reputation so it really is more of a win than a lose.

Loved the FS9 version, would go for a FSX version in a heartbeat.

Guest pdxbulldog

I hope they fix the gauge refresh rate in the VC - terrible is the only word I can come up with. And I love how they blamed the community. If I remember correctly on their forum, they said that we all wanted every gauge and switch to work, so that's what they did. Funny, other developers were able to increase gauge refresh rates in fs9....and include all the dials. Probably won't pay for the new version. Miss hand flying this beast though. It is one of my favorite flight models. Colin in Portland.

Guest delta_one

You guessed right, Steve, as Captain Sim have now released the C-130 for FSX well before the FS9 757 blocks D/F. How much longer to complete the 757 ?Just look : 100 euro for the FSX C-130 pro pack ! and available for release just the week before xmas, now that is good timing on their part.

Guest Lith1um

My home field is a c130 base of operations. I want this aircraft pretty bad, but not that bad.Those prices are rediculous imo.

Guest roystondh

Over the past 4 or 5 months I have used a number of vendors third party aircraft addon's.As most of us are aware two vendors are in in a class of their own, but historically have also demanded a premium price - personally I call this value for money.I love the interaction on the Level-D forums and the aircraft has a good "community" spirit about it. PMDG are also first rate, I asked a question about the 737 which I brought over 4 years ago the other day and got a prompt response and an investigation about running on Vista 64 bits, again quality service and support.Now I see that Captain want to join the "big boys" league, at least in terms of pricing.I brought the 757-200 base block only a couple of months back and noted the progress report on Block F published back in October.On reading the announcement regarding the Captain Sim 757-200 yesterday I've taken some positive action. I now have a functional FMC care of another vendor (friendly panels - it works in a wide range of aircraft) and have downloaded a suitable sound set from these forums.Having posted a question once on the Captain Sim forums and having been treated like , I don't intend to repeat the experience.It's worth noting they have locked the Captain Sim forums for the holiday duration - but the store is open i.e. we want your $$$ but not your questionsSorry Captain Sim you clearly don't have what it takes to be in the premium price league, it's a bit more than just slapping an expensive price tag against your incomplete products.Roy Hinds

HiI have the same experience with Captain Sim.As a owner of the C-130 for FS2004 with it

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Guest roystondh

>I beg to differ from Manny. As far as exterior models, I>think the Captain Sim 757 is the best available, except the>annoying stabilizer that seems too "pitched up." It's a>matter of preference, I suppose. Putting the Captain Sim 757>next to the Project Opensky 757 is not even a close contest. >Yes - the Opensky is good, FREE, and flexible to use. But>it's an old design that could use an update to fix the>"chubby" leading edge of the vertical stab, the nose being>"off" from certain angles, and the flexless wings. The>Captain Sim has none of those symptoms, but I'm fighting to>find a panel with an FMC for it. We need to get the Level-D>working with her instead of waiting for Captain Sim!>I agree, the 757-200 base is OK and I am also waiting for an FMC to make it more usable. I started to look at merging the Level D one - but it's far from straight forward (given that Level D have said they are not doing a fs9 757 I don't have a "moral" issue with this - given the way Captain Sim treats it's customers waiting I feel the need to find a solution) - I downloaded the Friendly Panels payware one last night and so far so good. I've also downloaded a RR soundpack from here on AVSIM that fit's the bill quite nicely, so I am using the base pack 757-200 only.Know I've sussed what's going onCall me CynicalJust Flight release the PSS 757 for FS9 and Captain Sim is nolonger interested in an FS9 757 - it want's to rush off to the FSX market !Roy Hinds