Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Flightplan Type Help Please

How can I determine if a flightplan is a FSX or FS9 flightplan? Is there any reader that will allow me to look at the file and determine whether it is in FS9 or FSX format? Thanks, best regards, Bob.

Guest PPSFA

You have folders for each in "My Documents", one will be labeled 'Flight Simulator X Files' for FSX and for FS9: 'Flight Simulator Files'When you create a flight plan in each program, it will place them automatically in the proper folder.

Hi. Thanks for that info. I am talking about AI flightplans and not pln type flight plans. I sould have made my request clearer. What I am asking is how to determine if an AI flightplan (trafficxxx.bgl type) which I have obtained from someone else is an FSX or a FS9 flightplan. I have obtained many AI flightplans from others and need to know which type each is. I know that FSX will not accept both types at the same time. From what I understand it will either accept all FS9 type or all FSX type, but not both types at one time. Thanks and best regards, Bob.

Any traffic file generated by Traffic Tools is not an FSX file.Only Traffic Database Builder creates FSX files, though AIFPC does a good job of converting TTools files to FSX compatability.A couple other issues - which AIFPC does a pretty well:1. FSX uses 0=Monday, 1=Tuesday, etcFS2004 uses 0=Sunday, 1=Monday, etcAIFPC will make that change. Most of the other conversion tools do not do that correctly. Sometimes even AIFPC has an issue depending upon how the source files were written.2. Airports - there are many changes in airports in FSX with different ICAO codes/ designators from FS2004. There are more commercial airport changes between these two versions than FS2002 - FS2004.Especially Indonesia and India.AIFPC makes that update also - though you need to be careful about Nagoya, Japan.It is no longer RJNN - but is RJNA - however most airlines have moved their operations to RJGG - but at least one airline is still operating out of the old airport. I forget which.

Bob They way I do it is reset TTools to read the source files where I have TTools located.Now place the FP bgl into TTools and try to decompile. If the bgl decompiles it is a FS9 bgl. If the TTools gives you an error that it cannot decompile it is a FSX FP including any FP's that were converted with AIFPC

Hi Jim. Thanks. That sounds like the best way to check them. I have lots of traffic files and want to check them all. Best regards, Bob.