Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

Not clear about Acceleration install

There were a couple of recent threads about whether Acceleration should be installed over a clean FSX-SP1 install or whether it didn't matter and could just be installed into FSX-SP1 with all the addons and tweaks now accumulated. So far there have been no clear answers.Does anyone have a definitive answer on this?Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Thats my bad, as I was wrong. And I edited my blog :-).Acceleration actually includes the SP1 bits as well as there was room on the DVD, so no need to install it first.

Phil, thanks so much for responding. Your input here in the forums is so helpful. I think it's clear then that if we did our clean install of FSX and then followed with a clean install of SP1 and have now added addons and tweaks, we can just go ahead and install Acceleration as if it is just another addon and all will be well. There's no need to go back to a virgin install of FSX and build all over again.I can't wait, I've pre-ordered already.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

The only caution I would make are certain tools. I know Pete Dowson has protected FSUIPC against version changes but some of the others seem to mind this.I would make a restore point, give it a try, and then rollback if it fails and start selectively deactivating, and repeat the cycle.