Sign in to follow this  
timers15

FSX on Linux?

Guest SuperFortress

Does anyone know if it's possible to install and run FSX on Linux using WINE? Thank you.

>Does anyone know if it's possible to install and run FSX on>Linux using WINE? Thank you.You would need a lot of wine :)

>Does anyone know if it's possible to install and run FSX on>Linux using WINE? Thank you.I dont think it is currently. I have seen mention of FS2004 using WINE (in their Database of Games listing) but I am sure that it would be fraught with issues and configuration problems. I am using VirtualBox in kubuntu (Linux) which runs Win XP exceedingly well but not with 3D Acceleration at the moment, which is essential for FSX. It was one of the reasons I bought X-Plane 8.60 when FSX was originally released and virtually unusable at that time (it works great now of course).We Linux users can hope that Virtual Machines may make this possible one day soonish?Paul

I've made a couple of serious attempts to get FS2004 to run under Wine. I have gotten it to install, however it won't start. When I tried to run it in debug mode FS complained about the debug mode and exited!I tried a whole bunch of stuff -- maybe somebody else will suceed.So I really don't think Wine will handle FSX.