Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Statistics on FS11 Wish List

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Below is essentially all of the posted FS11 wish list sorted in order of number of votes. Hope this is useful for Aces and others. Re WOZVotes Item23 Better ATC overall (especially for IFR)18 Improved snow and rain effects and animation (eg windshield) impact on aircraft17 Cloud shadows consistent with cover15 Solid overcasts14 Uneven/Sloping runways13 Better more accurate land class and mesh11 Better aerodynamic flight simulation esp jets/turbos/helies11 Better quality autogen and sizing and positioning11 Other light sources that effect the environment10 Extreme weather simulation and aerodynamic effect10 "Windlight" type atmospherics/blue/red haze9 Improve AI dynamics, efficiency and allow behavior control8 Switch from default textures to live feed (eg virtual earth)/Tileproxy approach7 SID and STAR procedures7 Grass, brush and better ground and taxiway textures7 Better VC dial and switch coverage equal to at least 2D7 Better use of multiple cores and SLI7 Better flight planner (scrolling/zooming) and functionality6 Human pilots and people at airports6 Smooth weather (wind) transitions6 3D Wave height and function of wind/wake surge/shoreline wave improve6 Visual icing on aircraft and aerodynamic effects6 No popping autogen (alpha fade)6 Drivable realistic roads for land vehicles5 Better fog and haze effects (esp Cat II and III ops)5 True 3D clouds/godrays5 Adjustable wear and tear on aircraft5 No more blurries4 Wind affected trees and veggies4 Better night lighting4 Better larger nav map-opened during sim4 Ability to select starting point on airfield map or any where in world/approach4 Bump mapping of runway ice/water puddles4 Jetwash and jet heat haze and effects on surroundings4 Haze and clouds with no sharp boundaries (hillsides)4 Virtual co-pilot to handle ATC4 Phototextures around airports and elsewhere3 Better smog and smoke3 Interaction with Train simulator and AI trains3 Navaid/magnetic data update3 Removable yoke3 More realistic runways (ragged edges/cracks)3 Less friction on first move to taxi/friction control3 Failure sim should have probability% and time2 Small bush flying airports2 Fix existing deficiencies in FSX2 Better QA overall2 More sound at airports2 fix lens flare sun below horizon2 Far away tower select corruption1 Conditional airport search1 Consistent lighting depending on weather1 More missions and aircraft1 Aviation carrier management1 2D widescreen panel support1 Jagged mountains1 More helicopter types1 Better less intense runway lighting versus distance1 Better contrast on ground1 Game control wizards1 Graphic control wizards1 Interface for editing terrain objects/placement (eg the SIMS)1 Random mission generator1 Click to enlarge panel display1 Better mesh and scenery outside of US1 Cockpit window fogging1 Variable speed of traffic polylines (SDK)1 Weather generator1 Real emergencies simulated1 VATSIM/IVAO integration1 Easy mission scripts1 Easier camera setup instead of cfg1 Easy customizing of airport textures1 Ability to move selected group of sceneries1 Better menus for saving flights1 Crash detection expansion1 Walk to and into a plane- via active camera1 Alternative to XML scenery1 Integrate AI and player in Multiplayer1 Outer space simulation1 Better force feedback1 Virtual reality goggles 3D etc1 Improve jet spool-up1 PAPI/VASI and ILS G/S discrepancy1 Voice recognition1 Road and AI 3D lights1 ATC and AI access to 3rd parties1 Long term parked aircraft1 Better pushback1 Airline flight numbers1 Better time sync1 fixing fsx issues1 Streaming buildings, road traffic, cloud cover,air traffic1 Interactive aircraft color select1 Pilot control runway lighting1 Comms to have volume controls1 sport pilot ratings1 Multiple careers1 Better underwater effect near shore1 Adjustable panel lights1 FSX Logbooks into FS11

Wow, nice job compiling all of this.Here's the list the ACES actually sees.BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHHuman pilots and people at airportsBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHDrivable realistic roads for land vehiclesBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAH(before I get blasted...its a joke people).Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

<<(before I get blasted...its a joke people)>>I like it :-> Could be worse, we could have "what the cat hears" instead :->

>1 More missions and aircraft>1 More helicopter typesI'm suprised that only one person voted for more aircraft and helicopters (and kinda disappointed). Those is a must in my book!

wow those are all pretty good, but i kind a like how every one complains on how hard fs is to run on computers, and how heavy it is on gpu and cpu, and there is nothing on the list that deals with this.like cpu optomiziation, better game programing, less area polys, better gpu usage, better usage of memory and stuff like that

Guest jshyluk

Yes, interesting wish list. In my opinion, the Wish List is just that, and not necessarily a to-do list. For a wish list, you can ask for the sun, moon, and stars. For a to-do list, you ask for the most practical thing that can be remedied. Nothing wrong with including to-do items in a wish list, although you can't expect everyone to agree with your priorities.Some time ago, in an art circle of friends that I knew, there was a big, big controversy over a film about Frida Kahlo, a famous Mexican artist who had a turbulent, sad life. People were jumping all over this film, criticizing it because it could never do justice to the life of the artist (who died in the 1950s, so we never even met her), that the casting was terrible (Salma Hayek and Alfred Molina), that there was a conspiracy against homosexuals in the making of this film, that there was a conspiracy that was pro-homosexual in the making of this film, that the writing was poor, that the cinematography would never make the paintings come to life, and so on. It was a pretty silly debate, although it was argued very angrily and with great passions on all sides. What I think made the argument silly and pointless was that these people were denigrating the merits of a film, doing so using a public forum (in this case a series of newspapers), and not only had none of them actually seen the film, the film had yet to be released for another four months.FS11 is much more than four months away. Is there any useful value at this time in attacking ACES over their percieved choices in the development of their new product? I'm just glad there will be an FS11. I remember a time when it seemed like the whole MSFS thing would be cut short at FS9.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Hi Jeff,Could you explain what you mean by:"Is there any useful value at this time in attacking ACES over their perceived choices in the development of their new product?"Re WOZ

Guest tmilton

Thanks for compiling this list. Very good job, Oz.

You jest, but it is sadly true. FS11 will bring us more missions, better DX10 implementation and better multi-core performance but really that's probably it. The improved DX10 implemenation could actually cover a lot of those wishlist items but even then I don't think ACES plans on trying to improve performanc while also doing a major graphics overhaul.

I like the comparison you make with making a movie. Most good movies have in common that they are made with a director with a strong vision. He calls all the shots, makes most decisions and delivers at the end 1 movie thats true to his vision and a complete experience.With FS-X I somehow get the idea that its designed by committee. It has to fit so many usertypes and has to do so many things for other parts of the company (Flagship game, DX10 showcase). But in my opinion it misses out on vision and soul.I hope the FS-XI team gets strong leadership and builds an FS version that is filled with vision and provides a new way forward for the franchise.My own idea (not an official wishlist item!) FS-XI MMOFSG edition (Massively Multiplayer Flight Sim Game). We would get several living worlds (divded by era and/or playing style). FS-XI just acts as a client. ATC, traffic, weather, events, etc are done on the game servers. There wil be events and missions like find Amelia Earharts plane, deliver goods/post/passengers. You can fly with friends and with (or against) NPA's (non player aircraft). Of course it will be subscription based but you are then guaranteed updates and new content.BTW the movie you mention is great I loved it.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Interesting idea-I like it! Interfacing with real world streamed Sat. data (that will probably have all 4 seasons and resolution to the inch in a couple years), populated with real cities with accurately placed buildings(like google earth has now in many cities), with live actual real atc (you can get live commercial atc moving over google earth now-ga coming soon).Right now seems like a point of change, and possibly blending the ability to run in the old way/new way, much the way gps displays in real aircraft have both vector charts and live scanned ones.Ditto on the movie-her husband's works are quite present where I live.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Somehow you lost my suggestion:No more "texture roads" - only real roads. Redevelop autogen to appear according to the real roads.This will stop the total mis-mash of overlapping real and fake texture roads as it stands at the moment, which looks really cr@p.

>Somehow you lost my suggestion:>>No more "texture roads" - only real roads. Redevelop>autogen to appear according to the real roads.>>This will stop the total mis-mash of overlapping real and fake>texture roads as it stands at the moment, which looks really>cr@p.I'm with you on that one. I understand the desire to have some appearance of roads where there is coverage from the vector data, but it does make a lot of places I fly look worse.