Sign in to follow this  
mgh

So mad with myself for wrong purchase

Hi there folkIs instant Scenery from Flight1 made by the same folk who made EZ scenery? if so I am a little hot under my collar for making a purchse mistake grrrrrrr I made dumb choice and was unaware of this till 10 minuites ago, I Am a FSX scenery developer and just this evening purchased a downloadable from Abacus EZ scenery without being aware that the product had been upgraded and modified to Instant Scenery which works with both Fs2004 and FSX. I am totaly annoyed with myself for not seeing this earler. I have my serial number invoice and email confirms etc. I rarely buy online because I dont have a visa so my friend purchased it for me this evening .Is there any help to switch to Instant Scenery. I purchased EZ scenery from Abacus at $29 USA or $37 converted to New Zealand currency where I amI see here that I could have brought the updated product for $24 USAAny one can see how I might feel and if you can help me get what I should of I would appreciate it. Maybe a long shotI know its not a lot of money so might have to bite the bullet and just get it as wellThanks for listningI have posted at flight1 forum as well Kind RegardsGreg Bishop

I think Flight-1 has a 30 day refund policy? You might look in to trying for a refund.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

hello"just this evening purchased a downloadable from Abacus "Why would flight1 refund an Abacus purchase?

>hello>"just this evening purchased a downloadable from Abacus ">Why would flight1 refund an Abacus purchase?Because he mentioned flight-1 in the beginning. My bad.Unless Abacus gives refunds, I guess he is SOL?

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

On the plus side, I'm using Instant Scenery to place custom made library objects on a new freeware airport I am building. It works great and is so fast and easy to use. If you do this kind of thing a lot then it's really a must have.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I'm puzzled.The Flight 1 site says that Instant scenery works with FS2004 and FSX. The Abacus site site states that EZ-Scenery is for FS2004 with no mention of FSX.You apparently bought EZ-Scenery from Abacus and now wish you wish you'd bought Instant Scenery instead. Why should anyone give you a refund? You got what you ordered.

Guest jshyluk

Because sometimes when you ask people nicely, they act nice in return. I'm not saying this behaviour is guaranteed, but it can be contagious, and it does not hurt to try. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

You are rightI did get what I ordered and that was my mistakeI was just fumming when I looked at the Instant Scenery demo and for all intensive purposes it looked like the same developer had been behind the design of that as well as EZ scenery ---not certain of that thoughand it was less cost than Ez scenery for doing what seems like a lot more covering the 2 Sims.Well I had better leave this issue alone now its just I aren't a regular Internet spender and try hard to be sure that I spent my money well on things in this department. I most probably will be purchasing Instant Scenery though i have discovered Whisplacer at http://lc0277.nerim.net/whisplacer.html and is working in a promising wayPart of my initial anx was that I had to arrange for a friend of mine to make the visa purchase as I don't have one and I don't really like to ask so I feel embarrassed to ask again , The amount of money in this case is not super expensive but I hope and think you all understand where I am coming fromAppreciate all your comments and thanks for listningThanksGreg

Guest TheAmbler

Re: "I'm using Instant Scenery to place custom made library objects on a new freeware airport I am building."You couldn't talk us through how to do this could you? I've tried and failed. How do you get your models into a 'library' that Instant Scenery can read?

Why didn't you check the Abacus site before starting this thread?"If for any reason you're not satisfied with one of our software products, you can return it to us within 30 days of purchase for a full refund (exclusive of postage charges)."http://www.abacuspub.com/ordering.htm