Sign in to follow this  
chrisal

Sudden change in FSX appearance

Hi, can anyone shed light on this one?Suddenly all my taxi and vehicle marking lines have turned very brightin daylightOn close inspection there seems to be an additional solid white line under both these textures on all airports. I can see the normal yellow centre taxi line on top of and slightly narrower than this new white marking.The only change I've made recently is the installation of FEX - which shouldn't change this!Other than that I run most sliders halfway and have a good dual core pc with plenty of ram.Any ideas?Chris

Might want to put down system specs as well. Did you change any settings etc? Any video driver changes, what other add-ons, scenery are you using, and does this happen at all airports?I haven't seen this but someone more knowledgeable than myself may be able to help.

Hi Chris,did you by any chance uncheck the "Land detail textures" checkbox? It influences, among other things, the way the taxiway markings are drawn.Cheers, Holger

If you have an nvidia card somewhere in the 7600-7950 range, and have turned off 'detail textures' in the scenery display settings, that will do it.

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Specs similar to yoursDual core e6600 4mb ram 8800GTSI've been experimenting to get rid of blurries but I cannot spot any key change immediately prior to this strange effect occurring. I suspect a corrupted file somewhere but not sure how to find out.CheersChris

Well it's cured.I rolled back to a recent fsx.cfg I had saved and the effect disappeared.I've had a good look at the two files and I can't spot the guilty line - but I'll look again today.I did check all settings Holger but it is possible I missed that one! I can check that again too.Anyway, back to flyingCheersChris