Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike707

FSGenesis and UTX Canada Confused

Guest machammer

I have FSGenesis Terrain Mesh and LandClass. Isn't FSG and UTX both terrain mesh? If so what is UTX Canada going to add?Confused :)Thanks in advance to all who reply.Bill

UTX contains no mesh at all.UTX Canada will provide you with:- more and accurately placed roads, railroads and water features- 3D night lighting- enhanced landclass coverage for urban areas so that city and towns are more accurately represented- accurately and custom placed ground textures for things like beaches, golf courses, cemeteries, etc.- additional road traffic - object repositioning of custom FSX objects to correctly line up with UTX sceneryFull details, including a slideshow of these and other features it provides, is available from the developers, Scenery Solutions, athttp://www.scenerysolutions.comor the distributors, Flight 1, athttp://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utxcanJeff

AVSimSig.jpg

I'm using FSX Genesis mesh and UTX-Canada and they go together like Pizza & Beer. (Throw in FEX and you've got the ice cream.)The Genesis mesh takes the Rockies, for example, and gives them the proper elevation points, making them look much more realistic. Not just rounded humps, but sharp and edgy, with canyons and cliffs. UTX-Canada takes the towns and rivers in the Rockies, for example, puts them where they should be and makes them look like they really do. The coastlines are also much improved. The overall effect is First Class.Flying the small airfields up the Coast in BC with this setup is wonderful. Possibly the best flying in FSX.

I don't have UTXCan (yet), but from looking at the default terrain in Canada, there are many water bodies missing. For some reason, the water bodies used for the GPS (these are separate polygons than used in the actual terrain) are more inclusive. It seems like MS used different data sources for the two. UTXCan should improve that immensely.scott s..

Guest machammer

I want to thank everyone who replied.Yesterday I downloaded UTX Canada. I took a short flight. It looks like a big improvement. I'll be exploring more today.Regards.Bill

Guest Mike707

I don't have it yet, but will be getting this soon enough. I have seen some screenshots of flying at night in a city with bloom on, and it looks absolutely stunning. If your system has enough CPU and GPU power, give it a try.